This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Wellspring Bible Fellowship
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 06/06/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Associate Pastor - High School & College Pastor
Fulltime Position: Responsible for the development and oversight of all Wellspring ministries to senior high and college students with the goal of our students and young adults becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who engage all of life with a biblically-rooted Christian worldview.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Please send a cover letter of interest introducing yourself with your Christian testimony and current resume:
Wellspring Bible Fellowship Search Team c/o Ron Laeger, Senior Pastor -– 2245 NW Kline Street – Roseburg, OR 97471-60155
Email: email@example.com - PH 541.643.1503 (cell) or 541.672-6868 (office)
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in senior high youth ministry, administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for the Wellspring youth ministry.
• One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for the gospel and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Wellspring’s statement of faith. (See website)
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
• An appreciation for global missions and able to communicate Christ’s love for the nations to students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Support & equip Wellspring parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
• Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets and fundraising; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
• Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
• Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
• Able to fulfill occasional pulpit ministry and visitation as needed.
• Other duties as delegated by the Senior Pastor.
• Grow Wellspring youth ministry in meaningful ways.
• Be mentored by the Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight of the Youth Pastorate ministry.
• Attend worship services and staff meetings on a weekly basis.
• Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the elder and deacon boards.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
• Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
• Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
• Actively participate with other Conservative Baptist North West (CBNW) Youth Pastors & the Douglas County
Evangelical Fellowship of Youth Workers (DCEF 2.0)
Wellspring Bible Fellowship is a Conservative Baptist church started in 1949 as First Conservative Baptist Church. The church voted to change the name in 2007. The campus is on four acres 1.2 miles west of I-5 Exit # 125. The Lord has blessed us with a four-acre campus and the ability to operate debt-free. Church budget line items afford the youth pastor with resources to achieve the objectives of the ministry.
Current youth ministries occur on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings for high school, and Thursday evening for collegiate and post-high school career age.
Two morning worship services are offered the community at 8:15 and 10:45 a.m. A solid line up of ministries is offered for all ages and all stages of life. The ministries offer people with diverse gifting/s opportunities to serve the Lord, the church, and reach out to the world with the gospel of grace. Average Sunday morning worship attendance is 420 with Sunday morning Christian Education small groups meeting at 9:45 a.m. Nearly 75% of all worship attendees are involved in Christian Ed. small groups on Sundays.
Compensation Package: The LORD takes great care of us, so we take great care of our staff!
• Up to $40,000 in combined salary & housing allowance (depending on experience).
• Major medical & Rx drug plan for pastor, spouse, & dependents.
• Retirement: 5% of salary to CBNW 403(b)Retirement plan.