This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Glendale, New York, United States
Date Posted: 06/06/2012
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
At Christ Tabernacle, it is our resolve to preach Christ and see the salvation of souls. We are passionate about building up the saints for works of service so that they may fulfill the will of God in their lives. With this intent, each believer has the potential to impact the life of the church and their communities for the Glory of God.
Beginning in May 1994 in the Greenpoint area of Brooklyn, Pastor Michael and Maria Durso were sent out with a small team to draw from the many lessons the Lord had taught them in the training field of street evangelism, they cried out to God for souls and used the vehicle of street concerts to reach the lost. Many people came to have personal encounters with Jesus Christ and the congregation grew rapidly.
As a result, God provided a new building for the vastly growing congregation. In April of 1996 they would have their first service in the new building, an auditorium that seats 1,000 at 64-34 Myrtle Ave in Glendale, NY. Within a short period of time however, it became necessary to implement additional services to accommodate the still expanding number of people who attend and are being transformed by the power of God. The church is excited about this new opportunity to reach hurting people for Jesus Christ. To learn more about us, please vist our website: http://www.christtabernacle.org/.
It's said that there's no second chance to make a first impression. As our Executive Assistant, you'll be the first impression many people have of us, the voice to those calling on the phone and the face of the company to those visiting our office. You will perform a wide variety of complex and responsible secretarial, technical, clerical and accounting duties. Under direction of Executive Pastor, you will have extensive dealings with the organization, exercising your strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as act as a liaison between Senior Leadership, staff, deacons and Executive Pastor.
• Handles all visitors, calls internal and external in a professional manner
• Transcribes handwritten notes or dictation and types letters, memoranda and reports
• Attends to administrative and clerical detail utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, good judgment and confidentiality
• Receives reviews and verifies documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Processes documents in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Maintains expenditure records of office/unit budget; prepares and coordinates budget transfer requests as necessary; tracks expenditures from each budget line item
• Creates and Utilizes volunteer team to delegate non-confidential responsibilities
• Prepares and processes all purchase orders; verifies amounts to pay partial and final invoices; makes copies and keeps accurate records of all payments
• Coordinates internal and offsite meeting/events; arranges for necessary materials, food and beverage and AV needs
• Establishes and maintains a variety of office filing and record-keeping systems including inventory data
• Maintains office supplies and materials
• Gathers, reviews and compiles information and prepares accurate and comprehensive reports and surveys with deadlines
• Prepares correspondence independently on matters not requiring personal attention of Executive Pastor
• Maintains strict confidentiality on all job-related matters
• Prepares a variety of communicative subject matter that may include privileged and highly sensitive material
• Manages and maintains executives' office, schedules, appointments and calendar for business
• Provides directives to Executive Pastor’s personal assistant
• Coordinates meetings, conferences, travel and activities for Executive Pastor
• Handles non-routine and confidential information
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Typing/word processing at a minimum of 60 wpm
• Knowledge of Word Processing software and Spreadsheet software, including Excel and PowerPoint
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay, excellent benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: