Burke Community Church is excited to find the right individual to be our new Missions, Outreach and Assimilation Pastor. For the past three and a half years, BCC has more than doubled in size to over 2,100 in weekly attendance. With this growth, comes the need for a skilled and talented individual to give leadership to our equally growing local, national, and international mission program. Further, streamlining the assimilation of new attendees, and making sure they are intimately tied into our church vision, is also an exciting facet of this new position. Should you feel you meet our criteria listed below, please e-mail your resume along with personal references and any pertinent links to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oversee our global and national missions program.
1. Recruit and equip the leadership of the missions committee.
2. Coordinate church support, connection, communication and direction for all supported missionaries.
3. Develop prayer support for missionaries, peoples, and nations.
4. Provide oversight and pastoral care for church supported missionaries.
5. Travel occasionally to visit our missionaries in the field.
6. Integrate our missions program into the various ministries of the church.
7. Oversee International Mission Committee.
8. Provide evaluation and possible expansion of the Missions Manual per this area.
• Guide and grow our collective local outreach program.
1. Develop and lead short-term mission work.
2. Develop and lead church outreach events.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with local service organizations.
4. Teach evangelism and missions classes.
5. Integrate our outreach program into the various ministries of the church.
6. Oversee Local and Short-term Missions Committees. ASSIMILATION DUTIES
• Oversee Sunday morning welcome ministries.
1. Coordinate the recruitment and training of volunteers for the greeter, parking, coffee, and usher teams.
2. Train greeter, parking, coffee, and usher teams.
3. Implement an appreciation process for these teams.
• Oversee the new member process.
1. Oversee and enhance the follow-up program for new attendees.
2. Encourage church membership.
3. Teach Discover Burke, our new member class.
4. Coordinate elder interviews of applicants for BCC membership.
5. Coordinate member recognition and follow up.MINISTERIAL DUTIES
• Assist in providing care to the congregation, viz., counseling, hospital visitation, etc.
• Preach as assigned.
• Serve and lead in cooperation with and submission to the Elders.
• Initiate and lead the processes of evaluation, change, and growth in respective areas.
• Ensure training, equipping and multiplying volunteers remains a core value.
• Develop and administer annual mission and assimilation budgets.
• Provide oversight, direction, and evaluation of the Administrative Assistant per this area.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, bi-annual staff planning days, and yearly staff/Elder Council planning session.
• Attend Elder Council meetings per invitation.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior or Executive Pastor.QUALIFICATIONS
• Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God
• Person of prayer
• Healthy family life
• Committed to the vision and beliefs of Burke Community Church
• Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the church
• Self-starter who can work independently on projects
• Team-oriented: able to thrive within the framework of a variety of staff members and a large team of volunteers
• Highly organized
• Creative in approach
• Flexible and able to change direction quickly
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent written and oral abilitiesEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree and master’s degree in theology
• Minimum three years of experience either in missions work or as an Outreach Pastor
• Ordained or willing to seek ordinationSCHEDULE AND HOURS
• Full-time salaried positionSALARY AND BENEFITS
• This is a full-time position with full benefits. Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience in accordance with cost of living in Fairfax County, Virginia.