This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tech Arts Leader/Director
The Grove Community Church
Riverside, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/05/2012
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
TECH ARTS LEADER/DIRECTOR for The Grove Community Church
SUMMARY: The Tech Arts Leader/Director provides leadership to the production team and over-sees all production related operations for worship services and campus events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that all campus-wide equipment is maintained and in working order for worship service and events; all services are run efficiently and on time.
2. Produces, staffs, and oversees all technical aspects of worship services, as well as internal and outside events.
3. Recruit, interview, lead, shepherd, and develop production volunteers.
4. Maintain and carry out standard operating procedures on all audio and visual equipment for our multiple campus systems.
5. Oversee departmental scheduling, installation and maintenance of new and/or existing equipment, stage set-up, and trainings.
6. Must set up, operate, tear down and maintain production equipment.
7. Consult with appropriate parties to determine production requirements for worship services, as well as internal and outside events (sound, lighting, video etc.).
8. Technically proficient with lighting, video recording and data and environmental projection.
9. Selecting, positioning, adjusting and operating equipment used for amplification and recording.
10. Live staging experience with FOH audio.
11. Take part in and contribute to weekly arts department meetings and communicate all service needs and issues to production team.
12. Collaborate regularly with the rest of the arts department in order to provide the mostefficient and artistic technical design possible for large annual events. (Christmas, Easter, Summer Musical, etc.)
13. Flexible work schedule is required due to working weekends and/or evenings.
14. Ensure that all team members are trained in their respective departments.
15. Establish and implement an apprentice/training program.
16. Create social events and/or trainings for the production team (i.e., get-togethers, trainings, etc.).
17. Help cast the vision for the production team and convey the vision of the leadership.
18. Help craft annual budget.
19. Requires some public speaking.
20. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual will be responsible for the oversight of all technical volunteers as well as paid part-time technical assistants and interns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have 3-5 years of experience with live staging, sound engineering and sound reinforcement. Advanced experience with audio and visual equipment is desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity. Significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 40 pounds; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; significant reaching, handling, fingering and/orfeeling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.