This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor/Director
Dayton United Methodist
Dayton, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The director of children’s ministries will provide passionate leadership and oversight to the children of Dayton United Methodist Church (infant- grade 5) and its community. The director will work closely with the assistant directors of early childhood and elementary childhood programs to coordinate and encourage spiritual growth and cohesive programming. This director will effectively interact with the children, parents, volunteers and other staff members of to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
• Develop ministries that foster children’s growth in five key areas: Radical Hospitality, Passionate Worship, Intentional Discipleship, Salty Service, and Extravagant Generosity
• Cultivate an environment that inspires and attracts children to be part of the body of Christ
• Build relationships with parents as partners in their child’s spiritual growth
• Create and communicate an executable vision for the children’s ministries
• Recruit, empower, and monitor qualified adult volunteers to assist with vision
• Devote your personal and professional life to being an example of what it means to follow Jesus Christ and walk in His grace
• Proactively plan and execute Children’s programming; if there is a program for the adults, then there is a meaningful program planned for the children. (For example: Weekly worship, VBS, Family Night Live, special events like Lenten services, missionary conference, etc.)
• Be an advocate for the Children’s Ministry during staff meetings/ calendar coordination/ advertisement and implementation of outreach activities
• As a leader of leaders, recruit, train, supervise and encourage ministry leaders in children’s ministry who build teams of persons serving in direct ministry to children
• Partner with other ministries within Dayton United Methodist Church to form a cohesive ministry unit (For example, Upward sports ministries, Outreach ministries, and Camp ministries. A Strong partnership with the Youth Pastor will be essential to help the children transition into young adulthood.
• Properly create an annual budget and effectively manage expenses to accomplish goals
• Continually explore opportunities on how to grow the children’s ministries and capture the children’s hearts to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Develop a discipleship path for children who accept Jesus to grow in their faith.
• Implement a system for tracking children and where they are on their discipleship path.
• Passion and love for Children’s Ministry
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith and to the theology of the United Methodist Church; familiarity with the United Methodist Church structure, mission opportunities, and resources is helpful
• Willing to adhere to the Staff Policies and Statement of Ethics, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and to be faithful to vision, values and mission
• Able to pray, teach, and maintain professional relationships
Community description (Dayton, Indiana):
• This welcoming community of approximately 1,400 is conveniently located 1 mile from interstate 65 and 5 minutes from Lafayette, IN. You have all the amenities of a college town at your fingertips including Big Ten sporting events through the Purdue University Boilermakers. We are approximately 45 minutes from Indianapolis and a short 2 hour trip to downtown Chicago.
Applicants should provide the following:
• Resume and cover letter sharing how you came to accept Jesus Christ as your savior
• Electronic submissions may be sent to Mike Dominick at firstname.lastname@example.org