This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Adult Ministry Team Member with special focus on Women
Monte Vista Chapel
Turlock, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/29/2012
Categories: Combo Positions
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Monte Vista Chapel is a church of 1000 people located in Turlock, California. We are looking for a person to join our team with the following qualifications:
1. Leadership ability- We need someone who can be a part of the team that shares responsibility for holistic (intellectual, emotional, relational, experiential) discipleship in the congregation. This involves teaching classes, leading engagement opportunities, developing volunteers and volunteer teams, helping to set and implement strategy.
2. Flexibility – We are looking for someone that can thrive in a team environment which requires the ability to support and engage ideas other than ones own. This position will also require the wearing of “many hats” as we try to creatively engage the discipleship needs of a larger congregation. This position is an Adult Ministry position and also serves as the point person for Women’s Ministries.
3. Spiritual Formation orientation- We need a person capable of nurturing and challenging the spiritual lives of people from college age to senior citizens. This position requires someone who has a well developed theology of spiritual formation, ie. how people grow toward spiritual maturity and what it looks like to be a part of that process as the organizational church.
4. Invitational- We are looking for someone who naturally welcomes and draws people in. Our goal is to grow all of our adult ministries in this area.
5. Develops leaders – We are looking for a person that can envision, empower and equip members of the congregation to be mentors and disciplers to other members of the congregation and to the people in their own lives.
If this fits who you are as a person please send or email your resume and a short essay* to:
Adult Ministry Search Team
Monte Vista Chapel
1619 E. Monte Vista Ave.
Turlock, Ca. 95382
* Essays must 200-300 words written for each question and written in response to this posting. In the essay, please describe your thoughts about the following:
1. Your style of leadership.
2. The role of staff leaders and ministry teams in church life.
3. Holistic discipleship and spiritual formation.
4. The process and challenge of developing congregants to be “ministers” of the gospel.