POSITION TITLE: Student Pastor
LOCATION: Naperville, IL
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: APPROX. 400
MinisterSearch (www.MinisterSearch.com) is excited to present an opportunity for Student Pastor candidates at a vibrant, growing church of almost 400 in a great suburb of Chicago. This is a very OUTWARD-FOCUSED church that is passionate about effective student ministry-—a great opportunity to minister to students!
Just a short drive to Chicago, this area is large enough to have all the amenities, but small enough to have a community feel to it. The city consistently ranks as a top place in the nation to live and raise children. Add nationally acclaimed schools, the best public library system in the country, an array of healthcare options, and an exceptionally safe environment; and it is easy to see why so many people choose to call this city home. This booming suburb attracts thousands of new residents each year, making it one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. Its diversified employer base features high technology firms, retailers, and factories, as well as small and home-based businesses.
A sample of qualities that the ideal person for this great position would bring include: someone who models Christ’s love for students, has an “Orange” understanding of student ministry, is a visionary, a team player, can use multiple relevant methods of engaging young people, is a leader, and is able to lead worship (both vocal and guitar).
In addition to having a real heart for students, the right person for this position will have lots of energy and be ready to take this ministry to the next level—create an edgier atmosphere that will attract students, and have several years’ recent full-time student ministry experience in a growing environment. Also, a 4-year college/university degree is needed.
Besides all its other qualities, the church is located in a community that works hard to preserve a unique blend of big city amenities and small town charm. Well known for its picturesque river area, the quaint downtown offers an array of shopping, dining and cultural activities to fit every budget. Residents also enjoy world-class parks and an active civic community.
If you are looking for a position in a church that is dedicated to their students, situated in a great community that works hard to preserve a unique blend of big city amenities and small town charm, as well as great schools, and a wonderful place for families, then this church could be a great place for you to serve.
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email with Subject: JOB #1611 POSITION: STUDENT PASTOR--that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
• Develop the plans and overall strategy to live out the vision for student ministry through
• Small Groups
• Mentor, encourage, affirm and train volunteers to serve alongside of you in student ministry
• Student Band
• Student Vocalists
• Small Group Leaders
• Tech team
• Build and invest in relationships with students, parents and key influencers
• Partner with the church staff members in aligning all environments under the vision, budgeting and programming and activities.
• Engage and contribute at weekly staff meetings, Dream time and monthly Board of Director’s meetings
• Committed walk with Christ
• Passionate about family-focused student ministry
• Someone who believes in students and their ability to influence their peers
• Possesses Servant leadership
• Openness and transparency; willingness to allow questions
• A heart for teamwork
• Experience in leading Student worship-–vocal and guitar (MUST play guitar)
• Experience in managing others
• Familiar with and understands the Orange strategy of student ministry
• Must be a team player
• Adept at leading and planning worship, (music, chord charts, student band, media, lights, audio
• High energy leader
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a growing Student Ministry
• A 4-year degree from a college/university
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email with the Subject: JOB #1611 POSITION: STUDENT PASTOR--that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth and Elementary PastorThrive Church
- Katy, Texas
- May 24
Student Ministries DirectorBlue Oaks Church
- Pleasanton, California
- May 24
Youth Pastor - Cornerstone ChurchVanderbloemen Search Group
- Madison, Tennessee
- May 23
Associate Pastor of Student MinistriesChristian Assembly Church
- Los Angeles, California
- May 23
Student Ministries Pastor - Faith Family ChurchVanderbloemen Search Group
- Victoria, Texas
- May 23
MinisterSearch is the most successful church staff search firm in the United States. Over the years, we have worked with thousands of pastoral staff as they’ve pursued God’s calling in their ministries. With years of church staff experience, our consultants understand the relational aspects of ministry. We know the challenges you face when trying to determine your next steps in ministry.
Our role is to help you determine what the best position for you is. Sometimes, we recommend candidates stay exactly wher More...