This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fellowship Community Church
Salem, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/29/2012
Categories: Campus Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Ground Rules For Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references
D. Electronic example of message/sermon (could be a link)
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application and send questionnaire after initial screening via E-MAIL ONLY
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview
TITLE: Campus Pastor
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor day-to-day
REPORTING TO ME: Staff at campus: Worship leader, Pre/Child Dir., Student
Pastor, Life Groups Director, First Impressions
The role of the Campus Pastor is to execute the vision, values, and strategies to empower every member of Fellowship Church to embrace their God-given S.H.A.P.E. (Spiritual Gifts, Heart/Passion,Abilities,Personality,Experience) and express it through ministry. He will provide pastoral leadership and care for the members and attendees and oversee the life and direction of the campus.
• Oversees and regularly evaluates all operational aspects of the campus.
• Identify, recruit, and develop key ministry leaders.
• Leads staff meetings with local campus.
• Manages the campus budget.
• The campus pastor interacts with all staff, volunteers and reports to the Executive Pastor.
• Cooperates with central support to shepherd the Fellowship Community Church DNA at the local campus.
• Pastors the local congregation.
• Member of the team teaching at any/all of the multi-campus sites.
• Facilitate the weekend services.
• Other duties as assigned.
NINE AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
-Character – The ability to exhibit a lifestyle that reflect attitudes and actions that are Christ-like.
-Administration - The ability to organize people/process for effective results.
-Discernment - The ability to lead people/projects in a way that enhances and advances the overall goals of the organization.
-Leadership – The ability to see a vision and lead people/process to reach goals. The ability to maximize the potential of every player on the team. Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set, but has the ability to lead from the 2nd chair. Should meet the biblical requirements of leadership in Timothy & Titus.
-Wisdom - The ability to receive and give sound advice.
-Encouragement - The ability to keep people empowered and energized especially during change. Is a good overall communicator.
-Teaching - The ability to train and communicate effectively.
-Pastoring - The ability to care and feed staff and volunteers. Has a genuine love for people.
-Evangelism - The ability and passion to see the lost come to Christ.
The principal challenge of this position lies in the preparing, organizing, and performing the necessary duties as determined by the Pastor. This individual must adhere to the principles outlined in the Membership Covenant and as outlined in class 101, 201, 301 and 401. This is to be reflected in the three W’s of Worshipping God, Walking in a Group, and being a Witness Globally. The job duties of Campus Pastor will include, but not be limited to, the responsibilities of Campus Pastor. Other duties will be assigned based on the gifts, passions, and experiences of the Campus Pastor in conjunction with the leadership and ministry needs of Fellowship Community Church as a whole.