This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Student Pastor
Compass Christian Church
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Compass Christian Church
Seeks to hire a High School Student Pastor
We have an opening for a High School Student Pastor. We currently have over 200 High School students actively involved in weekly programming. With the right leader, that number could easily grow to 400-600 students or beyond. The position will oversee the entire High School Student Ministry and will oversee the weekly student ministry worship elements.
Basic Information about Compass Christian Church:
Compass Christian Church is located in Colleyville, Texas, nestled in the middle of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
We have been at our current Colleyville location since January 1994. We are a multi-site church with two other sites located in Valley Ranch and Roanoke. Compass Christian Church is a growing healthy church which averages around 3600 people each Sunday.
Our single purpose as a church is to navigate people to God. We believe that all people were created by God and are meant to be in relationship with Him. God has provided a way for people to know Him through Jesus and we live to proclaim that message of hope and forgiveness. Our four core values of navigating people to God are; Navigate (North).
Engage (East), Serve (South), Worship (West).
We provide health benefits, retirement packages, and free preschool for all of our fulltime pastors.
Our student ministry staff include:
Jr. High Pastor, Jr. High Administrative Assistant, High School Student Pastor (opening), High School Administrative Assistant, Student Worship Pastor, and Student Ministry Intern.
If you are interested in this position or you have questions please contact: Louie Murillo, Family Life Pastor, 817-906-1478 ext. 228.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com or mailed to: Compass Christian Church, ATTN: Louie Murillo, 2600 Hall-Johnson Rd., Colleyville, TX 76034
Applicants must meet ALL of the following qualifications to apply:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Full-time pastor.
• Must have a bachelors degree or equivalent
• Must be a believer who is actively growing in their walk with the Lord
• Must have led a student ministry with over 75 students with multiple volunteers.
• Must be a leader of leaders with a successful track record. *This is essential. We are looking for someone who can recruit and equip leaders to minister to students.
High School Pastor
• Responsible for leading a ministry that seeks to help every 9th through 12th grade student make steps toward becoming a more fully devoted disciple in Christ.
• Work together with a team of adults and ministry teams.
• Lead like Christ in all circumstances and promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students and adults alike.
• Communicate with parents on all matters concerning their students. Plan and promote all major events and weekly programming in such a way that the targeted number of youth participates.
• Accountable to the Family Life Pastor, who will supervise, encourage and evaluate the high school pastor.
• Must be loyal to the CCC staff.
• Have a deep commitment to being a team player and team builder.
• Practice Matthew 18 and show 100% support all decisions made as a team.
• Be a Biblically based and spirit filled man of God, falling in line with the vision and beliefs of Compass Christian Church.
• Have an adequate Biblical education, preferable at the college and/or graduate level, ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to learn in order to become a more effective leader of students and volunteers in our ministry.
• Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life.
• Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach effectively and apply scripture principles in all areas of ministry.
• Must be of moral and spiritual integrity in all areas of walk and life.
• Sees tithing as a responsibility and a joy, and willing to give back to what God has so richly blessed him with.
• Make the highest personal priority that of pursuing and enjoying God, and therefore glorifying Him.
• Equip and assist the church and leaders in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive Student and Family Life Ministry in support of the mission and objectives of the church.
• Be a team builder, creative and action oriented with a passion for preaching, teaching, and baptizing (Matt. 28:18-20) as well as a passion for students and their families.
• Attend staff Meetings weekly.
• Attend Family Life Team Meetings Weekly.
• Assist in planning special events with various ministry teams (example: VBS, Fall Carnival, Camps, Retreats, Missions, and all Family Life events throughout the year.)
• Troubleshoot problems in the student ministry in a way that honors the concerns of those who bring them, and offer timely, creative solutions to problems in the student ministry.
• Continually be in close contact with the Family Life Pastor to communicate all that is going on in and around the High School Ministry.
• Preach and teach the Word at any and all times needed.
• Be involved in and oversee weekly programming
• Recruit, supervise, and empower team leaders.
• Develop and maintain training for volunteer staff and student leaders.
• Personally be involved with the discipleship and evangelism of our student body.
• Meet with and facilitate weekly meetings with the serving and leadership teams (SALT).
• Practice the presence of the Lord in everything you do.
• Commit to the daily habit of prayer and worship as well as cultivating disciplines like fasting, solitude, celebration, and simplicity.
• Be a humble disciple and servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that everything above is wasted if He is not at the center of it all.
Responsibilities to Students
• Develop and implement programs that will give high school students the opportunity to encounter God and promote spiritual growth.
• Plan and coordinate special events throughout the year (Nights of Worship, CIY, Mission Trips, Service Opportunities, etc.) that allow students at all levels of spiritual maturity to be plugged into and participating in ministry.
• Develop a good relationship with parents and guardians of all students, providing them with resources to assist in the growth as Christian parents and to counsel with them as needed.
• Keep up to date on what is happening in high school culture and how we can be more relevant to them and their friends.
• Be a support and servant to the students and their families.
• Constantly recruit and lead the adult leaders of the High School Student Ministry, giving resources, ideas, and encouragement.
• Constantly look for ways to reach out to lost students.
• Provide follow up to all first time visitors within 48 hours of their visit.
• Live a life like Paul’s so we can say as he did, “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1).
• Continually evaluate and determine the How, What, Why, Where, and When of our programming.
• Disciple students in a way that when they graduate from our ministry they do not graduate from their faith.
• Living by the CCC Staff Commandments.
• Living out the values of CCC (N, S, E, W).
• Being supportive and enthusiastic about pursuing the mission and goals of CCC.
• Reading many books a year (Leaders are Readers) and thinking critically and prayerfully how they impact CCC ministry.
• Attending at least one week of continuing education each year (Youth Summit, Youth Specialties, Seminary, etc. ).