This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Creation Fellowship
Jackson Heights, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/24/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Church Staff
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
NCF Administrator Job Description
The purpose of the NCF Administrator is to supervise and facilitate the day to day administrative operations of the congregation as well as personally assist the Lead Pastor with his administrative duties.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Church Administrator is broadly responsible for:
- Supporting the vision, mission, ministry, and core values of the church (see next page)
- Maintaining and updating the church calendar, scheduling use of the facility, building-use contracts, and tenant leases
- Editing, producing, and distributing publications and communications (weekly emails, training manuals, annual meetings).
- Maintaining files of official church records and documents (minutes, membership, weddings, baptisms, etc.)
- Oversee the membership database and monitor participation in key ministry programs (Sunday attendance, tithing, 101 class, small group involvement, areas of service, etc.)
- Help execute annual ministry projects with the corresponding ministry teams responsible
- Providing direct administrative support to the Pastor including calendar management, appointments, correspondence, and telephone messages
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate is someone who is able to:
- Faithfully attend Sunday worship services
- Execute ministry tasks in a timely manner
- Organize and follow up on key information and projects
- Work alone and as part of a team to accomplish goals and objectives
- Competently interact interpersonally with others as well as have strong oral and writing skills
- Competently use MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Quickbooks, Email, Internet.
Education: The candidate should have either an Associate or Bachelor's degree at an accredited College/University.
Salary: This part time position is salaried at $20,000-$24,000 for 20-24hrs/week.
Core Values of NCF:
1) Gospel –The gospel is the only hope for our broken world because it redeems our relationship with God, it reconciles our relationships with our neighbor and it renews all of creation. The historical source of the gospel hope comes from the perfect life of Jesus, His death on the Cross and His resurrection from the dead, for it is in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that the gospel is the power of God for salvation and the means in which God establishes His Kingly rule.
2) Word of God – We believe the Bible is the authoritative and infallible word of God thereby making it the foundation of our Christian faith. We believe that Scripture is the primary means in which we can know God, and the Gospel. We study the Word of God to apply its truths in order to be more Christ like. We preach and teach from the Word of God so people can hear and receive the Gospel. We depend on the Word of God to judge what is true and what is false in our understanding of God, the Gospel, the world and ourselves.
3) Corporate Worship – We believe our ultimate purpose in life is to worship God both individually and corporately. We recognize however that the goal of our private worship is to strengthen, promote and culminate in corporate worship. We believe we are called to salvation not only to worship God as individuals but primarily to worship Him as a corporate body of believers.
4) Spiritual Renewal – We believe that our personal conversion through the gospel gives us a new life, identity, righteousness and freedom in Christ which brings ongoing spiritual transformation towards holiness, maturity and wisdom.
5) Community – Because the gospel has reconciled us to God and our neighbor, as Christians we fulfill God's plan for salvation by actively participating in and building God’s community called the Church. It is through this inclusive and welcoming community that we learn of our identity, strengthen one another through genuine accountable relationships and become equipped to excel in all areas of responsibility specifically our character, our families and our vocation.
6) Prayer – We believe that God calls His people to pray to deepen communion with Him, to build community amongst His people and to intercede for those whom God has called us to serve and care for. It is though prayer that we acknowledge our complete dependence on God's faithfulness and we experience His power over us and over His creation.
7) Mercy – In response to the mercy we have received in Jesus Christ, as His people we are to imitate Him in extending the same compassion of meeting physical needs first towards those in our worshipping community as well as generously giving to those who are broken, lost and forgotten outside of our community.
8) Serving - Throughout His life and especially in His death on the Cross, Jesus exemplified the heart of a servant and dignified the task of serving. Therefore we follow His example by living a life that considers others better than ourselves, sacrificially giving our time, money and talents for the sake of building up Christ’s community and ministering to the needs of our non-Christian neighbors.
9) Missional – Though we recognize that God calls particular men and women into cross cultural contexts as foreign missionaries, we believe God calls all Christians to live like missionaries by sharing and embodying the gospel to everyone in their immediate contexts who do not know God (co-workers, family members, friends and neighbors). We believe part of this “missional” work entails two things. First, we are to actively engage culture and society in order to enjoy, affirm and validate those activities, things and beliefs that are consistent with the gospel. Second, we are to challenge, transform and deny those activities, things and beliefs in our culture and society that are inconsistent with the gospel.
10) Glocal Missions – God calls all His people to be partakers in His mission to the world both near and far. Therefore, we are compelled to go out, create and nurture gospel communities both locally and globally. We are confident in God's promise to Abraham (Gen. 12) of having a Church made up of every tribe, nation and tongue that we will participate in creating new worshipping communities in unreached areas as well as supporting and learning from established churches both locally and globally.
NCF Mission Statement: The mission of New Creation Fellowship is to bless the world through men and women who GROW UP in the Gospel:
Universal Church Committed