This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
LIfebridge Christian Center
Longview, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/23/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description – Children’s Pastor
(Full-time, 40 hours/week, salaried)
General Description – The Children’s Pastor at Lifebridge Christian Center will support the vision of Lifebridge by leading a comprehensive Children’s Ministry that is executed with passion, creativity, and excellence in every area. The Children’s Pastor will be responsible for the development and implementation of programming for the spiritual formation of children.
• Provide leadership in developing and implementing Children’s Ministry for weekend and midweek services for ages five through twelve.
• Provide leadership, training and direction for all Children’s Ministry volunteers for all services and special events.
• Recruit gifted and passionate volunteers to serve in their area of gifting using the team concept.
• Oversee Children’s Ministry outreach events, summer programs, and other special events.
• Encourage teamwork by providing purpose, direction, and motivation in a supportive environment as well as lead ministry team meetings.
• Oversee strategic planning/goal setting, budget management, curriculum, equipment, classroom resources and supplies.
• Ensure a safe environment for children.
• Maintain established office hours and hold yourself accountable to the church leadership.
• Demonstrates a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ through attitude, behavior and interaction with others.
• Loves children and has a heart to serve them.
• Strong biblical foundation.
• Fully supports and aligns with Lifebridge values, vision, mission and statement of faith.
• Passionate about communicating the gospel of Jesus Christ through creative and relevant means while remaining true to the Scriptures.
• Proven ability to create relevant learning environments that are age appropriate.
• Gifted in leadership, administration, teaching, and shepherding.
• Willing and able to delegate appropriately in order to develop other team members.
• A Bachelors Degree or Bible College degree/certificate in Children’s Ministry or equivalent. Education is negotiable based on experience level.
• A minimum of two years experience in Children’s Ministry.
• Past experience in recruiting, training, motivating and scheduling teams of volunteers.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.