If interested, please either apply directly through the site or email resume, cover letter and worship leading links to email@example.com. Thank you. UPDATE 6.4.12: As we work through the process and refine our search, we are now primarily looking at candidates with strong vocal/acoustic guitar leading abilities with keys a plus but secondary.
The Director of Worship Arts will oversee the worship ministry at New Life Church, working in partnership with the senior pastor, the volunteer worship leaders and the Technical Arts Coordinator. New Life Church offers 3 weekend services, varying in size and personality. All 3 are contemporary and led by a worship team (we have multiple vocal teams/bands with permanent volunteer worship leaders). Services regularly incorporate video and/or drama. Worship planning/coordination, team leader/member development, worship leading and overall direction of the worship arts ministry at New Life Church fall under the director's responsibilities.
New Life Church is a church plant with strong Christian Reformed Church roots. Our planting pastor left to become president of Calvin Seminary last June. Our new senior pastor arrives from California in July 2012. We have 2 additional full time pastors on staff, as well as a full time Director of Student Ministries, several part time children's ministry staff, a volunteer coordinator, a part time community life coordinator and a full time administrative assistant.
Position Description: Director of Arts
New Life Church Mission: We are dedicated to connecting people to God and to others for their New Life in Christ
• Lead the church in vibrant, authentic, corporate worship.
• Lead the worship teams in developing their spirituality and striving toward musical excellence.
• Identify, train, equip, and delegate responsibility to team leaders.
• Build, oversee, and nurture teams for vocal, instrumental, special music, YCAT (Youth Creative Arts Team), worship leading, drama, audio, and video.
• Direct rehearsals and coordinate vocal and instrumental production, including choreography/staging of all music numbers.
• Recruit, supervise and provide regular auditions for new vocalists, instrumentalists, and technical team members.
• Develop and nurture balanced vocalist and instrumental teams.
• Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and other ministry directors to coordinate each aspect of the worship service to ensure a focused and clear theme.
• Assist Senior Pastor and Creative Planning Team with vision, brainstorming, producing, and implementing creative ideas for use in services and programs.
• Coordinate and plan with drama team, the dramas and videos to be integrated into the theme for worship services.
• Develop and equip team to decorate auditorium to enhance the theme of services.
• Oversee the New Life Choir by finding and ordering music, providing practice tracks and other resources for the musicians, vocalists, and director
• Ensure music and scripts are distributed and rehearsed in a timely manner.
• Develop the weekly order of worship with the Senior Pastor (including determining inclusion and placement of ministry promo videos and other announcements)
• Develop the weekly tech sheet for Audio/Video operators
• Coordinate special music, videos, etc. with head sound technician in a timely manner
• Distribute rehearsal and worship team schedules six to eight weeks ahead.
• Keep online music files, calendars, and other resources up-to-date
• Maintain organized files of music and drama scripts.
• Ensure music/drama is planned and chosen in time to be well-rehearsed.
• Coordinate special services, including, but not limited to Christmas and Easter, weddings and funerals.
• Provide Children’s Ministry with dramas and music for Vacation Bible School.
• Comply with CCLI to maintain licenses for legal use of music and videos.
• Demonstrate accountability of New Life resources and ability to responsibly manage budget.
• Maintain and grow in a personal walk with God.
• Resolve conflict utilizing Biblical principles from Matthew 18.
• Model and teach the church to encounter God in worship.
• Demonstrate relationship and love for Christ in everyday interactions.
Accountability & Evaluation
• Regularly meet for prayer and accountability with the staff, under the guidance and direction of the Senior Pastor
• Participate in regular performance reviews
• Make and keep commitments
• Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor or Council
• Desire to lead congregation to encounter God in worship
• Heart of worship to the Lord
• Musical ability
• Effective communicator
• Encourager and motivator
• Team builder and ability to train, equip, and empower
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
New Life Church
New Life Church is a 17-year-old church plant with strong Christian Reformed roots. However, we are increasingly missional in focus and seek to be the community church that reaches out and serves those around us. We have 3 services (1 Saturday night, 2 Sunday) all with a different vibe, as well as multiple vocal teams and bands that serve in a weekly rotation. More...