This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 05/22/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Pastor will have a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion and giftedness for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to engage and energize a diverse group of people to worship together. The worship pastor is responsible for leading environments of authentic worship that impacts all ages.
1. Lead worship during our Sunday morning service.
2. Will lead the music ministry as a whole with the choir, special music, and special musical programming under his leadership.
3. Lead worship team rehearsals.
4. Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
5. Lead worship with multiple instruments (preferably piano and guitar).
6. Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalist and vocalist.
7. Participate in monthly creative planning meetings.
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
9. Prepare peripheral support for the worship such as lighting, sound, and media presentations and train volunteers in these areas. We are currently using Media Shout.
10. Oversee other creative arts experiences that might occur during worship services, such as drama’s, video’s and skits.
11. Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and civic clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
12. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
13. Develop annual ministry plan and construct a budget for the music ministry.
• A passionate follower of Jesus Christ who has accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
• Must be a self starter and self motivated gifted in leadership and the ability to plan ahead.
• Ability to work well with Pastor and others who are involved in the life of the church.
• Able to maintain a healthy balance of excellence for all worship service styles and inspire attendees to draw near to God. This requires a heartfelt commitment to both traditional and contemporary styles.
• If married, has a spouse who fully supports their call to ministry.
• To understand and embrace the mission of the church and its approach to accomplish this mission as it pertains to the music ministry. Our Mission is to “To lead people to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ”. We do this through leading people to connect to God, grow in their faith, and serve others.
• To work hand in hand with the Pastor under his leadership to develop the service from week to week. This may include the format of the service, the songs in the service, or the people involved.
• To have a core faith that works well with Wesleyan teachings.
• Work in other areas such as assimilation, marketing and networking.
• Spend time developing relationships with lost people in the community.
• A team player with a positive attitude who is willing to serve as needed in other areas to accomplish the overall mission of the church.
• Must be teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
• Needs a pastoral presence on platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
• Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
First Church of Cartersville is a growing body of believers who are experiencing real life transformation on many levels. People are growing in their faith, and over the last 5 years we have seen 45 people come to know Jesus as their savior, and 88 people have joined the church. We are currently averaging 150 people in attendance which is a miracle considering that the church was averaging around 80 in attendance 5 years ago. Our Senior Pastor, Nathan Sanders, is a graduate of Wesley College and has been serving in this position since 2007. In moving forward as a church, we constantly strive for excellence in all ministries and seek those who desire to be a part of this movement of God.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.