This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
College-Age Ministry Director
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 05/22/2012
Categories: Campus Pastor - Church Staff
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you interested in joining a growing, multi-site church committed to innovative ministry with new generations of people? Are you passionate about impacting the lives and hearts of college students and other young adults? Are you capable of creating a vibrant and sustainable ministry from the ground up? Can you think strategically about an area of ministry, evaluate its effectiveness, and envision its potential? Will you thrive in a creative environment that is constantly trying to serve God in greater and more meaningful ways?
The Gathering is a multi-site church that exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. We are currently seeking a full-time College-Age Ministry Director to develop and implement a comprehensive, dynamic ministry for college students and other young adults. This full-time College-Age Ministry Director must be creative, highly motivated, and passionate about ministry with college-age people. In addition, this person will have the following responsibilities:
Development and Implementation of College-Age Ministry:
- Is committed to and capable of developing meaningful relationships with college-age people, and leading them to deepen their relationship with Christ.
- Is able to develop a college-age ministry from the ground up. This includes:
o Launching a new mid-week worship/fellowship/learning opportunity on or near a campus
o Planning and executing special events to promote this new ministry
o Forming and supporting multiple small group communities for deeper growth
- Is able to create intentional opportunities to invite new students and other young adults to participate in the large group ministry and/or small group communities.
- Is comfortable and knowledgeable with different models of ministry with college-age people and strives to provide ministry that is relevant, dynamic, and Christ-centered.
- Is capable of managing the entire ministry including development of a vision, strategic direction, goal-setting, budgeting, building up of leaders, and implementation of effective ministry.
- Is able to think strategically about the goals, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
- Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
- Is able to recruit, equip, develop, and support adult leaders from the congregation as well as student leaders from within the ministry.
- Is comfortable collaborating with other churches, student groups, and college-age ministries.
- Is dedicated to learning and trying out new and innovative ways to do ministry.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
- Must be committed to our vision of creating a Christian community that is compelling to new generations of people in St. Louis.
- Is comfortable and committed to the theology and practices of The United Methodist Church.
Want to join us? Check us out at gatheringnow.org and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.