This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ewing, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2012
Categories: Executive Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
This executive level management position assists the Senior Pastor by planning and directing all aspects of administrative and ministerial operational policies, objectives, and initiatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
* Support the financial obligations of the church through tithe and offerings.
* Be early and prepared for all scheduled meetings.
* Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, business partners and community at large.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
ADMINSTRATIVE/MINISTRY LIAISON TO SENIOR PASTOR
* Administrative Staff
* Ministerial and Deacon Staff
* Lay leadership
* Church membership
* Businesses, Civil Government, and Community at-large
* Provide pertinent information concerning church operations, fiscal budgets, related trends, and staff performance
* Responsible for the attainment of short- and long-term operational goals.
* Oversee the day to day operations.
* Administer and enforce church-adopted administrative policies and procedures to achieve the goals of the church.
* Serve as resource person regarding legal and business matters of the church.
* Supervise all office & contract staff.
* Maintain church records on administrative and ministerial staff personnel.
* Provide training, seminars and other developmental programs to enhance staff development.
* Facilitate efficient and proficient office and facility management.
* Represent Pastor at all meetings and functions.
* Administrate Weekly Staff meetings (facilitate in Pastor’s absence).
FACILITATION OF MINISTRIES
* Develop creative, effective, and efficient ministries.
* Recruit, nurture, and train all Ministry Workers.
* Work with assigned ministries to develop cohesive strategies.
* Evaluate Ministry leaders and workers semi-annually.
* Coordinate, continually assess, and enhance the ministry leadership, programs and/or activities.
* Provide training, seminars and other developmental programs to enhance leadership.
* Meet on monthly bases with core leadership, meet with lay leader quarterly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
* Requires a bachelor's degree with experience in either ministry or executive level management fields.
* Demonstrates expertise and resourcefulness in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Leads and directs the work of others.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Must possess the following skills: strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, customer service, conflict resolution, multitasking, and project management.
* Must demonstrate the ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
* Must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results.