This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor, Outreach and Evangelism
Mountain View Community Church
Temecula, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2012
Categories: Evangelism Pastor - Outreach
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
Mountain View Community Church (MVCC), a 17 year old thriving multi-cultural, multi-generational congregation located in the Murrieta-Temecula Valley of Riverside County, CA is approximately 65 miles northeast of San Diego, CA and 80 miles southeast of Los Angeles, CA. We are a congregation of roughly 1600 parishioners and observe a contemporary, traditional, blended afro centric worship format. We have weekly Sunday services at 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. with an average attendance of 800 - 900. We are currently in the planning stages of adding a third service, developing an internet campus and studying the feasibility of establishing satellite campuses.
We are a casual-contemporary culture that believes in being relevant and practical in our service to the community, as well as in the way we present Christ and His Gospel. We have a mix of seekers, new believers and mature followers of Christ in our church community.
The successful candidate will lead a local, national, and international outreach program, coordinate and oversee evangelism, develop a ministry marketing approach that facilitates the ongoing identification and acquisition of new MVCC members with interest in helping move them from passive church membership to fully devoted Disciples of Christ.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We place a high value on this ministry position and the responsibilities include:
• Development and implementation of strategies for MVCC to reach the non-churched, disinterested and not-yet----Christians throughout the Temecula/Murrieta Valley, inland empire, state of California, nationally and globally.
• Inspire and equip MVCC in personal and corporate evangelism to include providing regular, ongoing opportunities for all ministries throughout the church to evangelize.
• In consultation with the Senior Pastor, develop a team of volunteer leaders to lead MVCC local, national and international outreach efforts. Provide regular, routine guidance and assistance.
• Serve as MVCC subject matter expert on all matters related to evangelism and outreach to include providing leadership to current evangelism/outreach programs.
• Equip all areas of ministry at MVCC to do the work of an evangelist from kid’s church to celebrate recovery to life groups.
Just as we’re sure that you are looking for the church that is a perfect fit for you, we are—of course—looking for the person that’s the right fit for us.
That “perfect fit” obviously doesn’t simply come from either of us just checking a few boxes on a list of qualifications and expectations.
But, there are some minimum qualifications that we believe any and every applicant for this position should have, and some preferred qualifications we hope our applicants would have.
• An evident and flourishing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A fully supportive spouse (if married).
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with the management of faith based outreach programs.
• Experience in recruiting, training and leading volunteers in all areas of evangelism and outreach.
• Ability to communicate and manage teams consisting of a broad age range and personalities.
• Strong communication and public speaking skills.
• Functional knowledge of human services programs and best practices in a faith based context.
• Well-developed organizational and administrative skills.
• Theology and doctrinal beliefs consistent with our church.
• Strong commitment to and participation in the community, vision and future of our church.
• College Degree (religion, counseling, human services, theology, or related discipline).
• Ministerial credentials with a denomination that similarly reflects our doctrinal beliefs.
• On staff experience leading a thriving outreach/evangelism department.
• Willingness to learn, grow, and be flexible
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Enjoys working on teams
• Reliability and consistent follow-through
• Maintain a healthy sense of humor
• A Relationship with Christ that displays the Fruit of the Spirit in his/her personal life
• A readiness and willingness to serve the ministry purposes and vision God has given this church
THE SELECTION PROCESS
• Begin by submitting your resume with a copy of your ministerial credentials. Resumes without the ministerial credentials will NOT be considered.
• Applicants that meet qualifications will be contacted for an initial interview by telephone.
• Applicants being considered further will be contacted for a face-to-face interview.