Blackhawk Church is a multi-site, intergenerational congregation with a passion for reaching college students. We are located in Madison, Wisconsin: capital city, home to the Big 10’s University of Wisconsin and a thriving place for young adults.
Blackhawk is looking for a key player to lead our college-age ministries. The primary responsibility of this position is to reach as many college students as possible by connecting them to a healthy multi-generational church. The ideal candidate will bring strategic leadership and spiritual shepherding to the college-age ministry, and should have experience in developing teams.
TITLE: Pastor/Director of College Age Ministry
• Provide strategic leadership and spiritual shepherding for Blackhawk’s ministry to college students
• Develop volunteer leadership teams
• Move college-age adults toward connection and involvement in the multi-generational church – not a “church-within-a-church” model
• In conjunction with Blackhawk’s Director of Life Groups, provide direction and oversight of small group opportunities for college students
• Provide leadership and oversight to the Blackhawk college ministry staff and interns - encouraging their spiritual growth, developing their ministry skills, and giving accountable supervision
• Minimum of BS/BA degree
• Theological training preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing and leading teams
• Experience in thinking strategically, able to anticipate and initiate change
• Is in concert with Blackhawk’s Mission, Values, and Statement of Faith
• Primary Gifts / Skill set: Leadership, Shepherding, Team-building
FIRST YEAR GOALS
• Develop multiple “connecting points” for college-age students, enabling them to become part of the life of Blackhawk Church. Special focus is reaching freshmen as they begin their college careers.
• Build relationships with campus ministries, so that students and leaders will easily find a home at Blackhawk.
Compensation is dependent on experience. Visit blackhawkchurch.org/jobs for an application. Email or mail a cover letter, resume and the completed application to:
9620 Brader Way
Middleton, WI 53562
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Worship and College PastorStarkey Road Baptist Church
- Seminole, Florida
- January 10
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Allison Park , Pennsylvania
- January 3
At Blackhawk we are trying to build a loving community that follows Christ in order to reach the community that is all around us, both locally and globally. We are trying to do that by becoming the kind of church the Bible describes – a church with relevant teaching, God-honoring worship, honest friendships, continual prayer and compassionate love for people. More...