This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Assimilation, Small Groups and Discipleship
Cornerstone Community Church
Chowchilla, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Associate Pastor: Pastor of Assimilation, Small Groups & Discipleship
Cornerstone Community Church of Chowchilla, CA is looking for a pastor to concentrate in the areas of assimilation, small groups and discipleship. For the past few years the ministry has experience growth. Each week new people are attending the worship services. As a result the congregation has become a “church of strangers.” The person who fills this position will help the existing ministry staff unite everyone in Christian love, worship, fellowship and service.
1. Develop and implement a ministry which connects newcomers and prospective
church members to Cornerstone’s family.
2. Direct, coordinate and oversee Cornerstone’s small groups ministry.
a. Provide general and specific vision, direction, and outreach strategies for small
b. Manage and maintain small group resources. Review requests for new material
for theological consistency and group needs & dynamics.
c. Raise up leadership by identifying potential small group leaders/hosts.
Implement leadership development through informal and formal means.
d. Equip and resource leaders, so as to enable groups to fulfill keys group life components:
* Connects: ways to better know each other and Christ, which provide for
personal connection within the groups.
* Grow: opportunities for spiritual growth.
* Serve: various opportunities to serve each other and people outside the small
* Care: providing appropriate care to members of their group.
* Multiply: provide direction for the growth of the small group ministry through
dividing current groups to allow access to newcomers.
e. Evaluate potential small group participants and match with current groups or
form new groups based on mutual affinities, spiritual direction and other
3. Direct, coordinate and oversee the discipleship ministry of Cornerstone.
a. Works with the Sunday school staff in developing appropriate courses for
b. Encourages, helps and oversees the ministries all youth ministries.
c. Encourages, helps and oversees all the youth leaders (paid & volunteer)
d. Encourages, helps and oversees the men’s and women’s ministries.
4. Assist and encourage the congregation to discover, develop and use their spiritual
5. Work with the Missions Team to incorporate church, local, and global mission
1. Provide pastoral support and care to the people of Cornerstone as needed and
2. Preach and administer sacraments as requested.
3. Participate in teaching classes.
4. Be available to conduct funerals and weddings.
1. Give evidence of a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
3. Give evidence of a working knowledge of the Bible and the doctrines of the
4. Be in agreement with the mission and vision of Cornerstone Community Church.
5. Masters of Divinity required.
6. Give evidence of being an effective organizer, recruiter, trainer, and
7. Have the ability to assume a cooperative, supportive leadership role in a multiple
staff ministry at Cornerstone Community Church.
8. Have a minimum of three years experience in another church ministering in the
areas covered under Cornerstone’s Associate Pastor position.
For more information about our church and denomination, check out
www.cornerstonechowchilla.org. For a copy of the job description or to inquire more about this position, contact Pastor Mike Scott at email@example.com.