This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
St. Mark's Lutheran Church
Marion, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 05/18/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Children’s Ministries
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church believes that the people of the church are both called and gifted to be active followers and servants of Jesus. The Director of Children’s Ministry will help fulfill the mission of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church by leading an excellent, comprehensive Children’s Ministry for nursery through 5th grade. The Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of ministry for the spiritual growth of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Director will lead a team of over 50+ volunteers, and will be responsible for preparing the partners of St. Mark’s to serve on Children’s Ministry teams that are most appropriate based on their gifts from the Lord.
• Lead Children’s Ministry with a vision that supports the overall mission, vision, and values of St. Mark’s.
• Develop and implement a dynamic Sunday morning and a midweek program for nursery through 5th grade.
• Oversee outreach events, Vacation Bible School, and other opportunities for the children, parents and leaders to connect with one another.
• Oversee strategic planning/goal setting, curriculum, budget, records, and resources.
• Recruit, interview, and support volunteer leaders and Children’s Ministry staff in the development and implementation of this ministry, while providing leadership, direction and training.
• Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ with a strong biblical foundation, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• Passion for Children’s Ministry and the ability to creatively communicate the good news to children.
• Strong leadership, shepherding, teaching, communication, organizational, administration, and delegation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with children, parents and leaders.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Children’s Ministry preferred.
• Experience in a large church setting of 30+ volunteer staff preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree (i.e. Christian Education, Child Development, Education or other relevant discipline preferred). Extensive Children’s Ministry experience may be considered as an alternative to a Bachelor’s degree.
• Competency with basic computer software (Microsoft Office Suite) and capacity to learn new software.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
St. Mark's Lutheran Church
Attention: Robyn Vera
8300 C Ave NE
Marion, Iowa 52302