This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Praise Band Director
First Colony Church of Christ
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Contract
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Under the supervision of the Youth Minister, the Youth Praise Band Director assists in the planning of Wednesday worship services and trains the worship team to lead worship.
• Express a contagious love of Jesus through music
• Ensure a healthy communication system for the Praise Band
• Train students to run lights, sound, set up, tear down, etc.
• Lead Praise Band rehearsal once a week
• Set up and Tear down equipment for Wednesday Night.
• Thoroughly prepare the band for rehearsals and services.
• Assist in the recruitment, training and leading of youth worship volunteers
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Must be a gifted musician
• Must possess the ability to communicate promptly and effectively
• Must be a champion of the church staff culture
• Must be reliable and on-time
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Must have an eye for detail and the ability to quickly identify issues
• Must possess an internal desire to bring professionalism to worship services
• Knowledge of worship planning software including Planning Center Online
• Youth Minister
• H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
Team Leader: Youth Minister
Payroll Status: 8 hours a week
Projected Hourly Breakdown:
2 hours: Weekly Rehearsal
3 hours: Wednesday Night Program
2 hours: Preparation Time
1 hour (every other week): Mentoring Student Worship Leaders or meeting with Youth Minister
Contract: One Year