This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Coast Hills Community Church
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2012
Categories: Communications - Other
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
Part-Time (24 hours/week)
Contributes to the ministry of Coast Hills through providing leadership and project management in all areas of communications with a focus on story-telling and an end goal of seeing people become disciples who Love Jesus, Serve Others and Share the Story.
The director works closely with Pastors, staff and key volunteers to develop communication strategies, manage day-to-day communications as well as to implement program and event rollouts.
• Develop and lead a volunteer of photographers
• Develop and lead a volunteer team of writers
• Develop and lead other communications volunteer teams as needed
• Work closely with Coordinator, Graphic Design and Web to develop key communications pieces
• Work with Administrative Assistant, Communication and Worship Arts to implement weekend sermon notes and weekend bulletin
• Oversee weekly announcement process for weekend service announcements
• Oversee production of Source e-mail and Unfolding newspaper
• Manage All Church Events Calendar
• Connect with key ministry staff and volunteers to keep pulse on what is happening at Coast Hills
• Provide training and information (bi-weekly meeting) to staff and volunteers who manage specific content/communications in their area of ministry
• Work with staff & volunteers to manage internal and external communications within their respective departments.
• Coordinate vendor relationships when appropriate.
• Work closely with Coordinator, Graphic Design and Web to maintain functionality and design within the website, social media and other communications tools.
• Manage multiple projects with multiple timelines simultaneously, in a dynamic environment
• Attend Departmental and All-Staff meetings.
• Maintain clear lines of communication in a timely manner between all personnel involved in services and events.
• Conduct leadership interviews and performance evaluations.
• Contribute as part of the Coast Hills staff team to accomplish the church vision.
• Other duties as deemed by supervisor.
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree and/or equivalent job experience
Minimum Experience: Experience with leading, developing and managing complex communications processes. Preferably in a large church or non-profit setting. Advanced project management experience.
Minimum Skills: Advanced computer skills on Apple platform including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Acrobat, In-Design, Photoshop and Pages. Knowledge of Fellowship One database application and Planning Center Online software a plus.