This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fort Lewis Baptist
Salem, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION - WORSHIP LEADER FOR FORT LEWIS BAPTIST CHURCH
OUR VISION / MISSION STATEMENT: Making connections with God, other believers, the community, and the lost.
Explanation of Mission Objective: It is our church’s desire to lead people to connect with God in worship; to connect with other believers in small group Bible study; to connect with the community of believers in the church to do ministry and connect with the community around the church to do missions; and seek to connect with the lost—those who do not have a relationship with Jesus.
• The Worship Leader shall support the vision / mission statement of this church.
• His / Her personal and professional lifestyle shall reflect a Christ-likeness.
• The primary objective of the Worship Leader will be to work with the Pastor to develop God-centered worship services.
1. Plan and lead rehearsals for the adult choir and/or praise team.
2. Lead the “praise” portion of Sunday worship.
3. Promote and encourage children and youth to be a part of the church’s music ministry, i.e. youth and/or children’s praise team, etc.
4. Assist the pastor in planning congregational services of the church and be responsible for the selection of music.
Terms of Employment
• This position is a salaried position based upon a 10-12 hour work week. The salary package for this position ranges from $7,800 ($150/wk) to $10,400 ($200/wk) per year.
• Personal Time Off: Two full weeks of paid vacation as well as two additional Sundays per year are allowed after six months of hire date. Time off is to be approved by the pastor in advance.