This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Administrative Assistant - Ministry Support
Trinity Baptist Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2012
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Title: Administrative Assistant – Ministry Support
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The individual in this position is responsible for providing administrative ministry support so that staff and ministry leaders are enabled and program is facilitated.
1) Answer phones/take messages.
2) Sort and distribute mail.
3) Answer door and receive deliveries as, mark packing slips/invoices to indicate ordered supplies received and supplies.
4) Distribute, reconcile, and maintain petty cash.
5) Ensure exterior bulletin boards updated when necessary.
6) Oversee laundry pick-up, delivery and expense assignment.
7) Oversee all mailings--“wide distribution” and individual.
8) Generate reports, letters and labels as needed.
9) Oversee weekly updates of church calendar and evening space use schedule.
10) Assist with data entry and report generation as requested
1. Coordinate and schedule church calendar/appointments
2. Assist with special projects as requested (i.e. update weekly study for distribution, sermon/bulletin inserts,etc.)
3. Weekly update and distribution of Happenings.
4. Update web-site calendar weekly
5. Assist with production of materials for classes and mailings
6. Assist with production of special events promotional materials.
7. Oversee production of church-wide , brochures and fliers
8. Assist in membership database
9. Update database with new member information.
10. Assist with formatting and production of Annual Report
11. Oversee office supplies—storage and purchasing.
12. Oversee office equipment (postage machine, label maker, copier, laminator)
13. Order necessary supplies.
14. Ensure production and update of church calendar.
15. Assist with formatting and production church directory (Fonex).
16. Schedule and follow-up re: internal space use, weddings, typical external space use requests.
Schedule and follow-up re: internal space use, weddings, typical external space use requests.
Requirements: Microsoft Office 2007, desktop publishing and relational database skills. Some college preferred
Please send a cover letter and attach resume to firstname.lastname@example.org