This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Baptist Church
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Children’s Ministries
First Baptist Church of Doylestown, PA
Purpose of the Job: To develop and oversee a Christ-centered children’s ministry (birth through sixth grade) dedicated to bringing children into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, moving them toward spiritual maturity and equipping them to use their spiritual gifts in service for Christ.
• Possesses a passion for a relationship with God through frequent time in the Word and prayer.
• Has a love for children, and a strong desire to see them grow in their walk with Christ.
• Can recruit and equip volunteer leaders in a multi-generational setting.
• Has demonstrated a commitment to teamwork.
• Possess good communication and organization skills.
• College graduate, Master's Degree preferred.
Supervisor: The Director of Children’s Ministries is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor or his designee from the full-time staff.
Major areas of responsibility
• All children’s ministries up to and including 6th grade
• church nursery
• Annual Vacation Bible School
• Special ministries and events for children through 6th grade (ex. musicals, children’s choirs, camps, etc.)
• Regular Bible study program for older children
• Provide on-going parent training
• Provide a community focus to programming when possible
• Partner with the Student Ministries Pastor to provide for the transition of students between the programs.
• Recruit ministry leaders for each of the children’s ministries.
• Equip ministry leaders for each of the children’s ministries.
• Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to ministry leaders.
• Develop a team approach to ministry within each of your areas of responsibility.
• Provide parent training to facilitate the spiritual growth of children.
• Provide for and encourage team building with volunteers, interns, and any part-time staff.
• Maintain an effective communication network (meetings, phone, etc.) that will enable ministry leaders to do their job effectively.
• Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors and staff through relationship building, attendance at weekly staff meetings, ministry council meetings and other meetings as necessary.
• Represent the children’s ministries at weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
• Supervise all volunteers, interns, and part-time employees.
• Provide regular evaluation of all programs.
• Purposefully support the mission, vision, and goals of the First Baptist Church of Doylestown.
• Provide managerial oversight for all children’s programs.
• Secure a Bible-based curriculum, with relevant and interesting materials, for all children.
• Encourage teaching that is “life changing” rather than merely informational.
• Plan for the regular discipleship of children.
• Encourage creativity at all levels of teaching.
• Provide teacher training on a regular basis.
• Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord that includes regular prayer, worship, and reading of the Word.
• Continue to develop leadership gifts as well as an understanding of children and children’s ministry through on-going training, ministry networking and personal development.