This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Youth and Outreach
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 05/15/2012
Categories: Outreach - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Reach up by loving God with all you’ve got, Reach In by loving others and making disciples, Reach Out by loving the lost enough to go into the world, is the cause of Lifehouse Church. Holding true to these principles, the Pastor of Youth and Outreach is responsible for mobilizing both teenagers and the church in making an impact in their homes, schools, communities and the world. The Pastor of Youth passionately strives to help students and their families grow spiritually and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Pastor of Outreach will oversee the intentional ministry that will reach our community for Christ and equip the congregation in carrying out Acts 1:8 and the vision and cause of Lifehouse Church. This position is a dual role which involves teaching, training, leadership development, organizing ministry, and modeling evangelism, missions and outreach.
• Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of youth within the church and in the greater community the church serves
• Collaborate and cooperate with the Pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the ministries.
• Collaborate with the Pastor on Curriculum development and on training for volunteers and leaders
• Assess and recommend and/or purchase curriculum for youth ministry programs.
• Pastor the Youth Ministry Team through prayer, regular meetings, leadership development, and relationship
• Foster an atmosphere of people who have unbridled passion for Christ, Ministry, and Missions.
• Develop a recruiting plan and training opportunities for volunteers and leaders,
• Recruit, develop, and pastor a willing, enthusiastic, and trained group workers and leaders
• Manage schedules of volunteers and teams
• Mentor and develop other potential leaders for various aspects of ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Supportive of other church staff and volunteers.
• Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of the church.
• Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
• Self-starting—able to work independently.
• Team-oriented—able to work with a large team of volunteers.
• Has a heart and passion for the unchurched and dechurched.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A dedication to a "Large Group/Small Group" programming model.
• Experience in recruiting, developing, and overseeing a wide variety of volunteers
• A passion and skills for creative and culturally-relevant outreaches that recognizes community needs and has an understanding on how to reveal God's grace and love through them.
• A commitment to both evangelism and outreach and understands the difference and proper timing for implementing both.
• Able to work with a wide variety of “constituents”: pastors, staff, volunteer workers, youth and parents
• Oversaw a youth ministry of at least 50+ students as the Student Pastor
• Complies with a background check.
• Has a burning desire to share the life of Jesus with all and see them begin and grow in Christian faith.
• Bachelors Degree preferred
• 3-5 years of Youth MInistry experience with at least 2 of those years in a Pastoral/Director role
• 2-3 years of Outreach experience with at least 1 of those years in a leadership role
• Previous experience developing a team of leaders
NOTE: Qualifications and Skills are non negotiable
Submit resumes and all items from your portfolio to email@example.com.