This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader and Associate Pastor
South Hills Community Church
San Jose, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/15/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Worship Leader and Associate Pastor (over areas to be determined by the candidate's strengths, passion and calling). Depending upon the candidate, this position may be either part-time or full-time.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Summary: Lead vocalist/Worship Leader for our worship team who can lead with a mixed style of acoustic-led or keyboard for a church that places a very high emphasis upon worship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for implementing the vision of our church in the area of worship
• Responsible for implementing values of worship in our church
• Lead the congregation in worship
• Together with the Senior Pastor and other pastors, have shared responsibility to select content for services
• Recruit, train and develop musicians, singers and creative arts people for services
• Will develop a heart of worship throughout the congregation
• Will develop worship teams and worship leaders
• Will help train, mentor and equip worship leaders throughout the ministries of the church
• Will encourage individuals to use their abilities to redeem the creative arts for worship
• May act as supervisor to the Media Director
• Will oversee various teams: Drama Team, Choirs, Soloists, Special Productions, Creative Arts People, Greeters, Ushers, Multi-Media team etc.
• Attend Pastoral Team meetings on Tuesdays. Meet consistently with people on the Worship Team; meet with people in the congregation; be faithful to your job description (to be determined beyond the worship responsibilities).
Spiritual, Professional Characteristics and Experience:
• Can demonstrate mature, sincere, total commitment to our Triune God, expressed through a consistent devotional life in God’s Word, in prayer and in worship.
• Can express and communicate consistency of humility, honesty, integrity, purity and holiness.
• Is sound in doctrine with the essentials of the faith and careful to provide a godly example to believers and the unsaved in all conduct.
• Can demonstrate a strong work ethic with a high level of reliability, faithfulness and responsibility.
• Experience in leading team (s) of volunteers
• Ability to lead in worship with an acoustic style is desired; ability to lead from the piano or keyboard is also acceptable. Experience or ability to lead with one hymn in the worship set per Sunday is also desirable.
• Servant’s heart – serving and supporting all South Hills ministries
• Ability to relate to others at various levels
• A team player who is able to motivate, encourage, and empower others
• An effective communicator and good listener
• Preferably has undergraduate degree
• Relationship builder
• Teachable spirit
• Commitment to the Pastoral Team – be a team player
• An Evangelical, Spirit-filled Christian
• Fit the church’s style, spiritual approach and philosophy
• Agree with the South Hills Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Vision Statement
• Agree with the Sunday Worship Service Guidelines
• Agree to guidelines as laid out in the SHCC Employee Handbook for Pastors and Directors
• Willing to live in the San Jose area
• Desires to make a long-term commitment to SHCC