Connection Pointe Job Description
JOB TITLE: I.T. Specialist
MINISTRY TEAM: Operations
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Operations
SUMMARY: The I.T. Specialist helps implement, maintain, and monitor I.T. related services for the Church, including providing end user computer and telecom support for daily operational activities. The I.T. Specialist is also responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting current Apple computer systems and the related virtual network in use in the Worship Center/Chapel/Production environment. The I.T. Specialist will be part of a team providing on-call coverage for urgent issues affecting weekend services and office staff.
Support and Maintenance – Assists with the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, support and inventory of IT systems, including telecommunications, email, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals in close coordination with the I.T. Services Administrator.
Help Desk Administration & End User Support
• Manage day to day administration and maintenance of staff workstations (Microsoft and Apple), including computer hardware & software additions and repairs.
• Respond to Helpdesk requests from staff and volunteers on computer, network and phone related issues in a timely fashion.
• Install, update and maintain software programs as needed.
• Oversee telephone administration for office staff including assigning extensions, wiring lines and switchboard support.
• Participate in a call schedule to provide coverage for urgent issues and outages affecting the office and production environments.
Network Administration –
• Maintain, troubleshoot and support the virtual sub-network and Apple servers used in the Worship/Chapel/Production environment.
• Assists I.T. Services Administrator with:
• Network user accounts, user environments, shared directories, server based applications, network printers & services, including monitoring and security for same.
• LAN & WAN connectivity monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Data storage management on network file & application servers.
• Provide basic user training to new staff as needed.
• Work with the of I.T. Services Administrator on ad hoc reporting of help desk tickets, equipment maintenance, or special ministry technical needs.
• Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to I.T. support process.
• Assist in pro-active research – determining processes and technologies which may reduce costs or increase efficiencies for use of information technology at Connection Pointe.
Additional Duties –Performs additional duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
• Schedule may include regular weekend hours in an on-call rotation.
• Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs, and be comfortable maneuvering equipment including printers, servers, etc.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field desired.
• 2-3 years of progressively responsible IT experience.
• Good knowledge and understanding of current Apple desktop and server operating systems.
• Good knowledge and understanding of current Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems. Current Microsoft Certification in Operating Systems and Networks (MCSA) is a plus.
• VMware experience preferred.
• Background or experience in “customer service” highly desired.
• Proven experience and competency in the following areas of skill:
• IT management, including up to date knowledge of technology trends and issues.
• Ability to be flexible and have a strong service orientation.
• Coaching and teaching others with ability to assist & guide staff or volunteers.
• Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
• Hardware upkeep, Software usage and Workstation and Server maintenance.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Project management, including planning, development and implementation phases.
• Ability to handle “emergency” situations with a calm and orderly response.
• Strong intuitive technical ability
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Connection Pointe Christian Church
We are an independent, nondenominational church whose purpose is Connecting people to Jesus and each other. We believe the Bible to be divinely inspired and reliable (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
Connection Pointe is a unique, multi-generational church with an extraordinary vision for the future, over 4,000 people attending weekend services and 1,500 participating in small groups. In 2013 we heeded God's call to make significant changes to our campus to eliminate barriers, so children & students can connect w More...