This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Ludington, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/14/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic person with excellent teaching skills to provide the leadership necessary for a comprehensive youth ministry that is consistent with the mission and vision of Cornerstone Baptist Church.
Cornerstone is a growing, multi-generational church with a blended worship format (leaning heavily towards contemporary) located in beautiful Ludington, Michigan, right on the shores of Lake Michigan. We are looking for the right person to lead a high energy youth ministry that will draw our students into deeper levels of commitment to Christ.
1. Implement programs that will attract youth to Christ, promote spiritual growth, and cultivate a knowledge of and passion for God's Word.
2. Direct in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space utilization by youth groups.
3. Plan and coordinate special events (retreats, camps, mission projects and trips) that touch all youth at various levels of spiritual maturity.
4. Be involved in our AWANA program in the Varsity and Jr. Varsity Clubs.
5. Oversee the Sunday School ministry to Jr. and Sr. High Youth and cultivate a strong interest in our Sunday School program for youth.
6. Serve as a resource to College/Career leaders to promote our Singles’ Koinonia ministry in our community.
7. Collaborate with the Board of Christian Education including preparing an annual youth budget that is reflective of the goals and objectives of the youth ministry.
8. Develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of all youth, providing resources for them to assist in their growth and counsel them when needed.
9. Keep abreast of youth trends and resources to meet the challenges of ministering to the young people of our day.
10. Review and evaluate all materials used in the area of youth ministry.
11. Be a visible support to the students and parents whenever possible.
12. Form relationships with teachers and administrators in the local middle and senior high schools and be involved in school activities whenever possible.
13. Develop and administer programs to recruit and equip adults to work within the youth programs. Serve as an ongoing resource to adult leaders for materials, ideas, and coordination.
14. Develop and administer a program for the follow-up of youth visitors and their parents.
15. The line of accountability will be – the Lord, the Senior Pastor, and the Deacon Board. It is the practice of our Deacon Board to provide an annual review to each full-time member of the pastoral staff in order to enhance our overall ministry and to further pastoral development.
16. Preach periodically as requested by the Senior Pastor.
Please provide a video or link to video of you teaching when you apply.