This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Island Evangelical Community Church
Quarry Bay, HK, Hong Kong
Date Posted: 05/11/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Island ECC is an English-speaking, international church in Hong Kong with a congregation of approximately 2,000. The Associate Pastor will serve as part of the pastoral team and work with them to develop strategies and initiatives to facilitate spiritual growth in the church. He will provide capable, servant leadership for his delineated responsibilities. He will shepherd those congregational members in his care by discipling, mentoring, teaching, training, equipping, encouraging, and leading them to grow spiritually. According to skill set and giftedness, the pastor will oversee a particular area of responsibility, such as Care Groups, Theological Education, Men's Ministry, Pastoral Care/Counselling.
- Minimum two years' formal seminary training; be an ordained pastor.
- Minimum five years’ demonstrated experience.
- Received training/experienced in the designated areas of responsibility, preferably in a local church context.
- Experience of living in Asia and leading a ministry within a Christian organisation preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people of different cultural and denominational backgrounds.
- Possess these personal qualities: self-motivated, creative, attentive to detail, flexible, enthusiastic, tactful, patient, and relational.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills. Strong organisational skills.
- Fluency in English; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking abilities are beneficial but not required.