Jakarta International Baptist Church is an English-speaking Baptist church located in the city of Jakarta, a metropolitan area of around 22 million in Indonesia, a country of which only 7% claim to hold Christian beliefs. We are a multi-cultural community consisting
of expatriates from around the world and Indonesian nationals, all coming from various denominational backgrounds.
We believe God is preparing a Senior Pastor for JIBC who is a servant leader with vision and passion for people and the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the local church. He will need strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and interpersonally), a desire
to develop new leaders within the body, a heart for personal evangelism and outreach, and the ability to inspire others to walk more deeply with our Creator.
- Must emphasize the authority of the Word of God and handle it rightly (II Tim. 2:15; 3:16-17)
- Must have an active prayer life and a commitment to daily personal time with the Lord and His Word
- Must be in accordance with the qualifications for the office set out in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Must have a strong expository preaching style
- Must have completed a seminary education (Masters level)
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years pastoral ministry experience or comparable role
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years pastoral ministry experience or comparable role of which a minimum of 2 years have been completed overseas with extensive cross-cultural experience.
- The Pastor will be the primary preacher on a weekly basis (possibly for 2 services).
- The Pastor will provide leadership in planning and executing the Christian education, discipleship and ministry training programs in coordination with other ordained and lay leaders.
- The Pastor will actively demonstrate passion and compassion for the hurting and weak inside and outside JIBC.
- The Pastor must be willing and able to work within an elder-led style of church government.
- The Pastor will work with the elders, deacons, and other leaders in casting vision for the church and strategically setting and executing goals in line with the purpose and direction of the church.
- The Pastor will encourage a lifestyle of personal evangelism.
- The Pastor will oversee, along with the elders, matters pertaining to church discipline.
- The Pastor will lead a weekly care group (small group time of fellowship, prayer, and discipleship).