This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Life Christian Church
Howell, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/09/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Job title: Children’s Pastor
The position is supervised by: Lead Pastor
The goal of this position: Lead the children’s ministry of Life Christian Church into excellence, care, power, grace and love.
Here’s what the person in this job will do:
• Create and implement meaningful ways develop kids into fully devoted followers of Christ. Includes equipping parents.
Includes pastoral care as needed.
• Shall create and maintain successful implementation of ministry to children through consistent policies and procedures
including, but not limited to: Volunteer Screenings, classroom procedures and guidelines, volunteer guidelines, child
safety policies, volunteer position descriptions, etc.
• Shall oversee, supervise, encourage, train, recruit, equip, and evaluate Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers. Includes
pastoral care as needed.
• Shall oversee and evaluate the execution and content of the programs, materials, music, curricula and events to ensure
that they are biblically based and consistent with LCC’s statement of faith.
• Shall develop and maintain annual budget for Children’s Ministry areas.
• Serve as an ambassador to daycare which includes chapel services.
• Shall keep congregation up to date through communications to help keep vision and prominence of Children’s ministry in
• Shall maintain accountability to level of leadership above. Includes meetings, reports, and emails.
• Shall continue to develop and sharpen ministry skills in all areas of Children’s Ministry through personal reading,
networking and attendance at conference and training opportunities.
• Shall willingly assume responsibility for the performance of other duties and projects as deemed important and mutually
achievable as assigned by LCC Pastors.
The time required per week to accomplish this job with excellence: 50 hours+.
Training that will be provided includes: weekly meeting with pastor, weekly meeting with executive pastor, yearly conference expense.
Here are special qualifications or unique skills the position requires:
•You must be an energetic, self-starter who will lead our children’s ministry with passion, diligence and determination to effect life change in children and families.
•You must have a proven track record in children’s ministry and be strong in creativity, leadership, enthusiasm, and administration.
*You must have spent a minimum of 2 years full time as a Children’s Pastor.
•You must have spent a minimum of 2 years full time in planning, overseeing and leading weekly services.
•You must have spent a minimum of 2 years experience in developing, growing and pastoring children’s ministry teams.
•You must have spent a minimum of 2 years experience recruiting and training lay volunteers for children’s ministries.