This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Venture Christian Church
Los Gatos, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Secretarial/Office
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
. Executive Assistant to Senior Pastor
Venture is looking for an administrative partner for a high profile Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as an Executive Assistant in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This person must be exceedingly well-organized, proactive and flexible under pressure. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. A high level of confidentiality and professionalism are crucial to this position. This involves expert knowledge in administrative practices and using good judgment on all matters of a highly confidential nature.
The Executive Assistant will:
• Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and assistants, for speaking engagements, conferences and , Board meetings and variety of complex executive meetings (on/off-site)
• Prepare and manage all Board meeting packets, any collateral and meeting set-ups
• Book national and international travel arrangements, as well as handling accommodations and prepare expense reports
• Manage, create, (prepare) and edit a high volume of correspondence, presentations, including emails, mail, internal communications, blog entries and meeting agendas
• Assist Senior Pastor with preparation of sermon notes and presentation materials for speaking engagements
• Be flexible to work evenings and weekends to accommodate pastors schedule
• Develop and maintain filing systems and data bases to update and coordinate information
• Manage and optimize relationships not only internally but also externally
Must be self-directed, detail orientated and possess good problem solving and multitasking skills with the ability to follow through and get results. Will be responsible for the integrity of maintaining professional relationships and image for the office of senior executive(s) Pastors and general staff. Must participate as an affiliate member of the church.
• 5+ years recent administrative support experience at the executive level
• A Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent project and time management skills in complex environments
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated decision-making ability and attention to detail