This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Connections Pastor
Camp Verde, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 05/09/2012
Categories: Family Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
PO Box 118
Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Parkside Church is a growing, vibrant church of 450 that is looking to take our church to the next level of ministry. We are loosely affiliated with the Conservative Baptists and Converge (formerly BGC). With our new facilities (built 5 years ago) and our newly developed land ( under construction), we are poised to reach into our community and help those who are far from God take their next steps toward him. Therefore, we are now actively looking for a pastoral leader who will join our exciting team and EQUIP families and CONNECT our church like never before.
A quiet, safe place in northern Arizona to raise your children, with a small town atmosphere, a friendly relaxed, no-pressure way of life where practically everyone knows each other. Additionally, we have wide-open spaces, the Verde river, a mild 4-season climate and panoramic views from the vistas above our valley.
To create an IRRESISTIBLE church that PASSIONATELY pursues LIFECHANGE!
We gather together weekly to CELEBRATE God’s active involvement in our lives and in our church family; thanking Him for His undeserving grace and mercy!
We exist to CONNECT and live in close-knit, loving community which builds the body of Christ by encouraging the sharing of life, helping to meet the needs within each one of us, and stimulating personal growth.
Our life in Christ is only fully realized as we learn to reflect the generosity of God by leveraging all of our resources to minister to other people, advance His Kingdom, and turn the world upside down.
We love people enough to reach out to those who have no relationship with Jesus by INVESTING in their lives and INVITING them to attend Parkside so that they will hear and understand what it means to be a Christ follower.
FAMILY CONNECTIONS PASTOR
To develop and refine an exciting and passionate ministry, devoted to helping people at Parkside experience genuine biblical community by CONNECTING into relational environments where life can be experienced in an integrated fashion, helping them take next steps toward Christ…together. A special emphasis will be to work within existing family structures by equipping and strengthening our homes.
• Proactively communicate, support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, purposes and goals of the church with a
special emphasis on our vision of CONNECT.
• Build a team who collectively and individually accomplishes same.
• Maintain open and frequent communication with the Lead Pastor, Exec Staff and volunteer team leaders and members.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor
This role is an exec level pastoral position that requires the individual to provide a high level of leadership in the following areas - VISION, RECRUIT, COACH, MANAGE.
This Leadership Focus will be used to lead the following ministry areas:
• Manage ministries to children and their families on Sunday morning.
• Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for all levels of children’s ministry
• Manage all Children’s Ministry staff and team members
• Oversee referral / connection process for new people wanting to make personal connections in small groups
• Develop system that is visible, accessible and efficient in getting persons connected in new or existing groups (i.e. kiosk, brochure, phone, bulletin, Web…)
• Assure tracking of connection process safeguards against people slipping through the proverbial cracks
• Synergize data entry and reporting system with admin team
• Oversee teams to offer group interactions through retreats, events, sports and small groups
• Identify and utilize strategies to recruit and select new small group leaders, connection team leaders and administrative support
• See that small group leaders receive care and support through network communities
• Assist with training of small group leaders, coaches and area leaders
• Plan, prepare and oversee leadership meetings for all connection teams
• Develop, implement and oversee the vision and strategy for Family Ministry
• Work closely with the Care Pastor to build-up and strengthen the marriages at Parkside
• Help families to embody our core values of Celebrate, Connect, Give and Go
• Foster and encourage families to feel connected and integrated within our church.
• Build a growing Family Ministry team of lay leaders and volunteers through enlistment, training, development and empowerment
• Develop and manage the Family Ministry budget
• Ability to preach periodically at our weekend church services
- Proven leadership and team building experience
- At least 5 yrs of pastoral leadership experience
- Experience in a church of 300+
- Married with children
Please email resumes to
no phone calls please
PLEASE INCLUDE THE SIZE OF THE CHURCHES IN THE EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE RESUME.