The purpose of this position is to support the vision of Grace Pointe Church: To make disciples and plant churches.
This position’s primary focus is reaching the next generation by providing vision, leadership, planning, development, equipping of other leaders and implementation of a multi-faceted ministry with students in grades 6-12.
Full Time (40 Hours)
Includes substantial schedule on Sundays as well as some Saturdays in line with particular student ministry events and all-church activities.
Executive Director and Pastor
* Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
* Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
* Excellent relational and communications skills
* Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
* Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
* Able to envision, initiate, and manage multiple projects, timelines, constituencies, and outcomes.
* Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
* Generates new ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
* Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with fulfillment of church mission/vision and consistent with the church's ministry process.
* Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
* Ability to attract, develop, reward and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
*Consistently discreet and reliable.
* Identify, recruit and mentor/develop youth ministry leaders (adult and youth).
* Provide leadership supervision for Middle School and High School student ministry programs such as, but not limited to:
o Sunday gatherings
o Weekly youth events
o Mission Trips
* Collaborate with other staff and volunteer leaders to initiate and develop other options for engaging students such as, but not limited to, digital communication, musical ensembles, drama, and sports.
* Manage and direct the work of the Student Ministry Assistant(s) on staff
* Collaborate with Children’s and Adult Ministries to address the needs of youth and their parents.
* Collaborate with the Pastors to identify and assist students and families in crisis situations.
* Identify and implement initiatives that engage the presently disengaged students already related to the congregation and/or reach new constituencies of students in the community.
* Be available to students on a regular basis.
* Collaborate with the other areas of the ministry team to support and encourage healthy and faithful families.
* Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, ministry training or equivalent experience
Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Grace Pointe is a multi-site global ministry that includes local churches and ministries in the U.S. as well as the strategic areas of Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Grace Pointe is a global community and ministry. More...