This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Eagle Brook Church
Centerville, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2012
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Eagle Brook Church is looking for a Lighting Engineer with strong creative input to enhance our weekend worship. Candidates must be able to design and operate lighting for our live production house of worship.
Interested candidates must apply online at www.eaglebrookchurch.com.
Job Description: The Lighting Engineer is responsible for supporting all of the Eagle Brook Campuses with Lighting Production Excellence.
Classification: Exempt Status: Full-time
Team: Central Technical Department Reports To: Associate Director of Technical Arts
Work Schedule: Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. 19% of time at each of the following campuses: Blaine, Lino Lakes, Spring Lake Park, White Bear Lake, and Woodbury with 5% of time at the Centerville offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; associate/technical school degree or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years working in live production; audio experience a plus.
• Full knowledge of live production: audio, lighting, multimedia, music, and staging.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate technical gear including: conventional fixtures, moving fixtures, basic electrical equipment and other lighting equipment.
• Working knowledge of Jands Vista software, GrandMA programing and various other Lighting consoles.
• Educated in lighting techniques and practices.
• Effective communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
• Ability to manage projects; delegating tasks to others to meet project deadlines
• Self motivated as an individual contributor with the ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
• Strong leadership skills
Overview of Job Duties (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your manager):
• Act as operator for the weekend services at one of the five campus locations.
• Responsible for programming the lighting at all locations for the weekend services.
• Oversee and engineer all lighting requirements for EBC weekend services and events, including:
o Resetting the lights on the campus stages when there is a set change.
o Troubleshooting and maintenance on fixtures, and other lighting equipment.
o Leading and training volunteer lighting team (console, lighting principles, ability to perform).
o Ensuring technical excellence and maintaining EBC core standards.
• Explore cutting edge ways to lead Eagle Brook Church worship into the next phase of lighting.
• Consulting with other Ministries and assisting them in training, installation, and general practices.
• Responsible for the training and motivating volunteers.
Working conditions may include, but not limited to:
- Lifts more than 20 lbs.
- Sits at desk more than 50% of day
- Stands more than 50% of day
- Walking more than 10% of day
- Exposed to loud noise