This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
New Covenant Church

Children's Pastor

New Covenant Church
Clyde, North Carolina, United States

Date Posted: 06/12/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Children's Pastor
Denominations: Non-Denominational
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:
Principle Function

The Children’s Minister is a key member of the senior staff of NCC. Although their primary responsibility is to minister to the children of NCC, their responsibility as a team member is to ensure that the overall goals of NCC are achieved.

Personal Responsibilities

• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, worship, prayer and meditation.
• Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader to your wife and children, if married.
• Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Financially support the works of ministries of New Covenant Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
• Conduct your personal & business affairs in a way that brings credit to the kingdom of God & NCC.

General Responsibilities

• Serve as part of the regular rotation of the Pastor On Call.
• Oversee your individual ministry budget within NCC guidelines. Handling church finances, including credit cards in a professional manner.
• Actively engage in the community. Participate in events and organizations to represent NCC in a professional manner at all times.
• Actively engage in teaching and equipping others from the gift that God has personally given you.
• Provide Life Coaching and pastoring for those in your ministry concerning their salvation, daily walk with the Lord, spiritual gifts, abilities, and their unique ministry contributions to the Lord through His church.
• Provide Life Coaching as needed with others concerning their encounters with Spiritual decisions, including vocational opportunities and readjustments, philosophy of life, educational opportunities, and relationships to others.
• Develop Leaders.

Primary Responsibilities

I. Pre-school
• Provide a safe environment and care of pre-schoolers during meetings and activities.
• Provide a godly and peaceful atmosphere during these times.
• Support the parents in teaching basic life skills that are applicable to this age group such as potty training, being away from Mom and Dad for short periods of time, sharing and learning to be quiet.
• Provide spiritual education to our preschoolers through worship, prayer and age appropriate Bible lessons.
• To supplement and assist parents in their endeavors to introduce Jesus and His ways to each individual child.
• Provide fun events for our children that reach out to our community.

II. Elementary School
• Provide a safe environment and care of elementary school age children during meetings and activities.
• To supplement and assist parents in their endeavors to introduce Jesus and His ways to each individual child.
• To lead this age group into meaningful, interactive worship of God.
• To provide age appropriate Bible lessons that will build a biblical and moral foundation in each child’s life.
• To give each child an opportunity to be involved in ministry by: praying for each other, being part of the worship or Arts team or by being involved in the teaching of the Word.
• Provide an age appropriate discipleship ministry.
• Provide fun events for our children that reach out to our community.
• Encourage active involvement in local schools and other children forums to assist our community in the development of healthy children.

III. Parents
• To become acquainted with the parents who have children in the Children’s ministry.
• To assist parents with their children in developing necessary life skills.
• To assist parents as they provide Christian discipleship for their child.
• To involve parents in ministry to their children.
• To provide opportunities for parents to receive Biblical training for parenting.

IV. Reporting
• Children’s Minister will provide written summary of progress of personal and ministry objectives. This report is due by the first of each month and will be submitted to the Executive Pastor.
• Report must include attendance for Sunday morning nursery, Sunday morning Children’s church and Wednesday night Awanna program.