This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Minister (Part time)
Daniels Chapel Church
Wilson, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Daniels Chapel Free Will Baptist Church in Wilson, NC has a part-time youth pastor position open. Contact search committee representatives Jeremy Mercer at 919-709-8649 or Mitch Hayes at 252-289-7896. We will send you the job description and a job application. You may send resumes to email@example.com or Tmhayes0708@yahoo.com
Also, please visit our website at http://danielschapelfwb.com/
DANIEL’S CHAPEL CHURCH
-- Part-Time Youth Pastor--
Youth Pastor (Part Time) Department
Daniel’s Chapel Church (DCC) Wilson, North Carolina Date
Position Reports to (Title)
Function of Job [Part Time Position]:
To be responsible for the development and oversight of all DCC ministries to children, teenagers, and young adults with the goal of our youth becoming devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field (ministry preferred), basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for DCC’s youth ministry.
• One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, spends time with them, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with DCC’s vision and doctrine.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
• Technology Savvy; including knowledge and use of Microsoft Office programs and other information technology needed for presenting youth ministry.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Support DCC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
• Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
• Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
• Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
• Must be able to obtain CDL Class C with passenger endorsement driver’s license in order to transport youth to events
• Other duties as required.
• Grow DCC youth ministry in dynamic and meaningful ways.
• Be mentored by the Associate and Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to their oversight of the Youth Pastor’s ministry. Ultimate accountability is to the Senior Pastor.
• Attend worship services and staff meetings on a weekly basis.
• Present quarterly ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the church.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
• Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
• Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
• This part-time position requires approximately 10 to 20 hours per week. Salary range is commensurate upon experience.
• Salary includes additional Youth Ministry Budget allowances.