This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Pastor (Bettendorf Campus)
Heritage Wesleyan Church
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Do kids give you energy rather than zap it from you? Are you on fire with passion for God and would love nothing more than to see kids’ lives changed through Him? Would it excite you to be a part of the team that makes ministry happen for the next generation every week? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
Heritage is a church that is passionate about meeting people wherever they are on their spiritual journey and helping to lead them in a growing relationship with Jesus in order to change the world. We are one church in multiple locations, with campuses reaching the heart of the Quad Cities in the Midwest. College graduate with ministry studies preferred. If you’re a natural born leader and a kid at heart with a passion for the next generation, keep reading for the specifics:
• A people person who can connect well with staff, volunteers and parents as well as kids
• Knowledgeable in the needs of children and their development and willing to maintain ongoing education
• Three years of experience working with children and adults of various ages and have some management background
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written
• Proficient in all Microsoft and database applications and have understanding of basic office equipment
• Extremely adept at managing your time
• So passionate about the ministry that you don't mind working weekends
• Committed long-term and dedicated to the Go! KIDS vision
• Able to commit to the core values of Heritage and willing to meet membership requirements
You will be...
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences and Go! KIDS experiences
• Required to work during all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership
• Leading teams of non-paid volunteers
• Working under the leadership of and partnering with the campus pastor to fulfill the vision of Go! KIDS
• Leading and overseeing the weekend Go! KIDS ministry; opening and closing the Go! KIDS area, ensuring adequate coverage and facilitating all weekend worship experiences
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the Weekday Go! KIDS ministries in order to appropriately lead the team who directly facilitates these activities
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the training, orientation and observation of Go! KIDS volunteers during weekend worship experiences in order to appropriately facilitate these activities
• Planning and organizing all campus-specific and community outreach events or efforts in cooperation with leadership, support team and Campus pastor
• In attendance of all required church and campus-specific events as directed by the campus pastor and leadership.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position, please send your resume and a cover letter, along with references, to John Biermann at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 4801 44th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201.
Job description available upon request. Resume deadline: June 1, 2012.