This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northampton United Methodist Church
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/01/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Church Profile of Northampton United Methodist Church, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
NUMC Mission Statement – “To experience and express the life changing love of Jesus Christ.”
Northampton UMC is an energetic, Spirit-led congregation located in a suburban region just north of Akron and 30 miles south of Cleveland, Ohio. It has served the community for over 150 years but was transformed and renewed following a tornado strike twenty years ago. We are a two campus, multi-generational, family-oriented ministry which offers 5 weekly worship services. There are three sanctuary based services on Sunday morning: one “blended” and two incorporating a Worship Team. The Collide youth service is conducted on Sunday mornings in the on-site cafe. The satellite campus location is in East Akron and has services on Saturday night. In addition, there is a very active Youth Program, Small Groups and numerous missional outreach activities (see www.numchurch.org).
Job Responsibilities –
The successful candidate will be a worship leader who:
• Lives a Christ centered life that continues to dive deeper into the presence of God
• Has a God revealed calling to be a worship leader
• Is attentive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in worship
• Has experience leading worship
• Has strong vocal ability and plays an instrument
• Lead weekly rehearsals for the 3 worship services (currently Wednesday evenings)
• Can lead our worship ministries in the 8:45am, 9:45am, and 11:10am services
• Is willing to lend insight and support to our youth and satellite worship services
• Is committed to excellence in planning and execution of worship
• Has the ability to lead, disciple and assimilate volunteers into a gifted and established worship team
• Embraces the need to recruit, train, and involve new members in the worship team
• Is comfortable with a range of music from hymns to contemporary
• Is flexible within the context of worship and with personal scheduling
• Is an effective organizer
• Is able to work within a budget
• Is in harmony with the vision and mission of NUMC
• Has the ability to work with a pastoral team
• Is passionately searching for ways to improve skills as a worship leader and communicator
Desired Qualifications –
• Working knowledge of sound system technology
• Ability to use multi-media presentation software
• Substantial college-level training in vocal/instrumental performance, worship arts, music education, choral/instrumental conducting, or the equivalent.
• 2 or more years of worship arts leadership experience (either in a volunteer or professional capacity) which has included managing volunteers, leading worship services, directing instrumental and vocal groups, and overseeing technical and creative aspects of a worship arts ministry for a variety of settings and styles.
• Demonstrated interest and aptitude in the serious study of Scripture and a commitment to the integration of Biblical truth into his or her approach to and the practice of Christian worship.
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter, a current resume, a statement of their philosophy of worship and a statement of Christian testimony. It is also strongly encouraged that a video of worship leadership be provided. Applications will be accepted by e-mail or postal mail (postmarked by May 31, 2012) or until a suitable candidate is found.
Contact Person: Craig McSparran, Chair SPR Committee, Northampton UMC, 852 W. Bath Rd., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223. E-mail address: email@example.com