This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Production Specialist/Video Engineer
Connection Pointe Christian Church
Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 04/24/2012
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Production Specialist/Video Engineer
MINISTRY TEAM: Production
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
SUMMARY: The Video Engineer is responsible for live and broadcast video in weekend services, as well as, assisting with video shoots, editing video for weekend services and other video content necessary for church-wide communications. The Video Engineer would be responsible for training and educating video directors, camera operators and CG operators.
• Production volunteers
• Prepare and review live video elements of each weekend services.
o Prepare switcher, cameras, and computer for weekend services
o Review service plan each week for any “special” video elements and prepare video equipment accordingly
o Review recordings and notes from each weekend to ensure quality.
• Work with and train video directors, camera operators & CG operators.
o Develop relationships with video volunteers
o Preform hands on training for all video volunteers
o Prepare video training materials for video volunteers
• Setup and load video content for weekend services
o Load any video content needed for adult services each weekend
o Assist in loading songs & sermon slides each week
o Assist in loading content for Children and Student environments
• Assist with video shoots as needed
o Assist Primary Video Producer with shooting and developing shots during video shoots.
• Edit material for Creative Elements in services
o Assist in editing of video and still images used in weekend services
• Assist in planning and implementing stage sets and special elements for weekend services
o Take part in team brainstorming concepts about upcoming stage sets and special elements
o Assist in design, construction and implementation of stage sets.
• Assist with upgrading and maintaining equipment throughout the building
o Maintain TV’s through out the building
o Oversee local broadcast and re-broadcast channels
• Participate in regular planning and brainstorming meetings to promote quality service-wide programming
• Schedule will include regular weekend hours
• Must be able to regularly lift up to 50lbs, and be comfortable maneuvering production equipment including, projectors, cameras, TV’s, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience in live video, lighting, sound
• Proficient using Apple computers and software
• Experience with Adobe After Effect, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Motion
• Experience with Pro Presenter and Pro Video Player
• Experience with Canon DSLR cameras.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Ministry or Video Production
• 2-3 years experience in a church or Production Company
• Or any similar combination of education and experience