This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church
Katy, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2012
Categories: Christian Education
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
MISSION OF GRAND LAKES PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
We are committed to being an intergenerational community of faith and welcome all who wish to grow in their relationship with God and others. The congregation shares in the job of celebrating the grace and glory of God through worship, study, service and play. We are committed to the highest quality of nurture and care of all our members – both families as well as individuals.
Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church is 10 years old and is a rapidly growing family of 560+ members. This includes approximately 60 children (infants to 5th graders) in attendance on typical Sunday mornings.
PURPOSE OF DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY MINISTRIES (DCFM)
To provide vision and leadership for the Children’s Ministry program for children from infant through 5th grade in a safe, loving and nurturing environment. The DCFM will build strong Christian relationships by effectively partnering with parents, Pastors, staff, Children’s Ministry Committee and volunteers to ensure all programs are grounded in our Presbyterian beliefs, and align with the overall vision of the church. The DCFM will be passionate about sharing the love of Jesus Christ to all who are involved in the Children’s ministry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES OF THE DCFM
The responsibilities and activities of the DCFM position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide vision, leadership and support to the Children’s Ministries and our Sunday School teachers
• Recruit and train Sunday School teachers who are eager to spread God’s word to our children
• Ensure our Safe Sanctuary Policy is consistently upheld to ensure the safety of our children
• Oversee policy & procedures to provide a safe, healthy environment for our children
• Provide a warm welcome to new families upon their entrance into the Children’s Ministry area
• Serve as an advocate, role model and spiritual mentor to our children, families and Sunday School teachers
• Effectively use technology in bringing the Gospel to children and their families by possessing a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and other tools as necessary
• Schedule and coordinate Sunday School teachers, including substitutes as needed
• Oversee and coordinate the selection and implementation of Sunday School curriculum
• Communicate regularly with volunteers, parents and the church as a whole, providing updates on current happenings within the children’s ministry program
• Supervise, perform, conduct and maintain background checks on all Sunday School teachers and Nursery staff
• Supervise the nursery coordinator and staff
• Train and coordinate teen helpers as needed for the Nursery
• Collaborate with our Youth Pastor to develop a discipleship plan to help each child transition into Youth Ministry
• Recruit and provide direction to members to serve on Children’s Ministry Committee and Subcommittees
• Recruit and train volunteers for other Children’s Ministry activities as needed
• Assist with definition, planning and implementation of key activities or groups such as Club 45, 3rd Grade Bible program, Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School and others
• Maintain and update the Children’s Ministry manual
• Give occasional children’s messages during Sunday morning worship
• Train parents to reinforce, discuss, and enrich the Sunday School lessons through tools such as take home materials and Bible memory verses
• Train parents to help their children grow in faith, equipping them with biblical parenting skills and involving them in the ministry
• Organize and maintain children’s ministry equipment and supplies.
• Manage the annual budget for children’s ministries
• Other responsibilities and/or activities as necessary to support the Children’s and Family Ministries
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The DCFM will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. DCE certification a plus. The DCFM will be expected to pursue continuing education classes as needed, including attending conferences and classes that would strengthen their personal spiritual growth and the children’s ministry.
• Experience in church-based children’s ministries and Christian education (3 years minimum preferred)
• A demonstrated ability to recruit and coordinate volunteers.
• A demonstrated ability to lead and delegate to staff and volunteers.
• Confess and trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Has a loving knowledge of scripture as the inspired Word of God, and its application to children and families.
• Has a thorough understanding of Reformed Christian theology.
• Is faithful in prayer, and can communicate its importance to children and families.
The DCFM position reports to the Pastor.
This is a part-time position, approximately 30 hours per week which includes Sunday mornings and evenings as needed.
The DCFM must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and stand for extended periods.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Jay Swoboda at GLPC.DCM@gmail.com