Killearn United Methodist Church (www.kumconline.org) in Tallahassee, Florida has an opening for a new Technical Arts Producer. KUMC is a thriving congregation with a 2800 member congregation in Northeast Tallahassee. Combined weekend attendance in three services is approximately 1200-1400. Its services are contemporary, modern, multisensory, and technologically driven.
Assist Killearn UMC in creatively communicating through professional live sound, graphic design, video production, and the internet. Maintains and operates audio, video, lighting, and computer systems. Responsible to ensure that all programs and activities have media support including attending weekly worship services.
1. Maintain up to date graphic design and creative arts for worship services.
2. Coordinate use of all church sound and audio/visual equipment.
3. Provide worship/activity support by using available technology for the creation and implementation of audio, video, graphic arts, lighting, and computer controlled works
Tasks include, but are not limited to: audio engineering and mixing, video playback, video production, graphics design, website design, sound and video recording.
4. Sound engineering of morning services (or the oversight of the volunteers who will be engineering). This will be a huge part of the job. Please take this responsibility into consideration when applying. Applicants without proper sound engineering training/experience will not be considered.
5. Maintain all audio/visual equipment (projectors, sound equipment, and related hardware) in a functional and useful condition. Work with vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers to ensure maintenance and upkeep of equipment, or to obtain supplies
6. Oversee KUMC website, KUMC Email newsletters, and work with volunteers to ensure updates are implemented as needed.
7. Attend weekly worship planning meetings to suggest, develop, create, and implement multimedia works as an integral part of worship. Tasks include, but are not limited to: metaphorical graphic design, creative lighting design, worship slides, sermon slides, video testimonies and announcements, audio editing, sermon archiving and duplication.
8. Assist music department by serving as a support staff member, attending weekly rehearsals and providing audio, video, and lighting design for musical performances as well as weekly worship services
9. Recruit, train and oversee technical volunteer team.
10. Maintain basic network gear and fix any network related problems.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as required
Immediate supervisor: Worship and Arts Director.
Works closely with Worship and Arts staff, Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of Operations and church staff members and volunteers as relates to specific tasks on a routine basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A relationship with Jesus Christ and a clear sense of calling to Media or Creative Arts Ministry in a church setting.
- A working knowledge of computers, video projectors, sound equipment, video editing, audio/video recording, and related technology matters.
- Strong gifting in audio engineering and mixing.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills. Must be a team player.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-directed and motivated. Must be willing to push the limits and be visionary.
- Typing and data entry skills required.
- A working knowledge of all, standard Microsoft Office programs including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and FrontPage. A working knowledge of Apple Macintosh OS and common programs and integration into a MS domain environment. Advanced knowledge of multimedia programs including ProPresentor, Apple FinalCut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc. A working knowledge of Protools or similar recording software is a plus (we currently use Protools 10 for all multitracking).
- Basic troubleshooting and repair skills related to video projectors, printers, computers, and sound systems.
-Basic knowledge of MS Small Business servers
-Ability to communicate and work with IT service companies to solve related problems
-Working knowledge of basic routers, modems, and business networking solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus, preferably with a Media Production or Live Sound or Commercial Music degree; or a degree in Church Ministry with an emphasis in Media Arts; or experience which is equivalent to these kind of degrees and training.
Please send a resume (digital copies accepted and preferred) including a demonstration of your work (video and/or front of house mix), a brief, personal written philosophy/theology of creative arts as it pertains to church ministry, and your salary preferences via e-mail to Drew Walsh at: email@example.com . Video footage of your engineering/mixing/video editing abilities can be relayed to us via Youtube or other means via the web.
PREFER LOCAL APPLICANTS OR THOSE WITHIN THE SOUTHEAST BUT OPEN TO ALL.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Killearn United Methodist Church
Killearn United Methodist Church (www.kumconline.org) in Tallahassee, Florida has an opening for a new Technical Creative Arts Producer. KUMC is a thriving congregation with a 2800 member congregation in Northeast Tallahassee. Combined weekend attendance in three services is approximately 1200-1400. Its services are contemporary, modern, multisensory, and technologically driven.More...