This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Elementary Director (Grades 1-4)
Inland Hills Church
Chino, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/18/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Inland Hills Church (IHC) is a 21 year old contemporary so cal church. We are a small group driven church of 2,500 in the heart of the Inland Empire. We believe that true life change happens when people are surrounded by others headed in the same direction.
We use the Meta-Model to do ministry, which means that we have volunteer “coaches” that encourage, equip and oversee volunteer teams of leaders. That’s the crux of how every ministry on campus works. From small groups to outreach to children and students, we have volunteers that are committed to serving in their ministry.
If you’re on board with doing ministry this way, are a so cal resident, have 4-5 years of experience serving in a children’s ministry and think the job description below fits your skills and education please email the following to Shelley at email@example.com BY MAY 15:
Cover Letter & Resume (No more than 3 pages total)
Preferred salary range
Please, no phone calls.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Your primary responsibility is to lead the elementary school ministry (Grade 1-4) at Inland Hills Church as you help fulfill our vision “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” Your objective is to identify and develop leaders, using the meta-model to accomplish ministry goals while growing in your own personal leadership.
As a leader of leaders, you need to exemplify the 6Gs of an authentic follower of Christ (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going) and model a Christ like character of servant leadership. As the Elementary Director you need to meet the same expectations of the leaders you oversee. You should be a decisive leader, creative communicator and a natural encourager with the spiritual gifts of shepherding, leadership and administration. Above all, you need to exhibit your love for God with a positive attitude and a servant’s heart.
Your mission is to glorify God by leading the elementary school ministry, focusing your efforts on the following:
- supporting the community and mission of the church
- identifying and developing leaders
- developing and overseeing the elementary school ministries
- ensuring good stewardship of ministry resources
- accurate, on-time performance
- proactive productivity
- thoughtful initiative
- clear, effective, and judicious communication
- project and issue ownership
- professional and friendly interactions
- continual growth and improvement
- You are accountable to the Family Life Pastor for your ministry and to the executive director
for administrative areas.
- You supervise volunteer ministry team leads, interns and work closely with the admin assistant
- You also work closely with all IHC staff, office volunteers, and Wild Kingdom leaders.
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
- Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church.
- Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
- Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
- Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
- Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the senior pastor and the family life pastor.
Communicate with the Family life Pastor
- Meet weekly with the Wild Kingdom team
- Clarify and evaluate the vision of the Wild Kingdom
- Attend conferences and seminars
- Brainstorm new and inventive ways to reach kids
Care for volunteers
- Assist coaches in recruiting for each volunteer team you oversee; small group leaders, curriculum writing, large group production, and tech
- Pray for, meet with, call and encourage coaches and their teams
- Vision cast, motivate and equip team members
- Plan events to build team unity
- Use the Meta-Model for growth and discipleship
- Support coaches with problem solving
- Teach large group and lead games with joy and enthusiasm
- Observe, evaluate and encourage teams at weekend services
Develop a team to create and produce curriculum that:
- Is Christ centered, age appropriate and fun
- Includes large group teaching, small group questions and activities
- Is culturally relevant, age appropriate, creative, and progressive
Develop teams to produce our large group time that:
- Creates and performs scripts and dramas
- Designs and produces décor