This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harvest Pointe Community Church
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/18/2012
Categories: Combo Positions - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Harvest Pointe is an 11 year old church that has been placed in Jefferson County to do more than just exist. We have a calling from our leader, Jesus Christ, to fulfill in this place and at this time. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are striving to passionately serve in good deeds and share the good news so that there is much joy in Jefferson County. We seek to accomplish this by making disciples who love God and our neighbors. In taking our next step as a church, we are seeking to hire a Gathering Director. The Gathering Director will give general direction and oversight to the worship ministry and coordinate the assimilation process of the church.
1. Responsible to the Directional/Teaching Elder as part of the staff team.
2. Oversee the worship ministry.
• Plan the gathering with the Directional/Teaching Elder each week and oversee all aspects of the gathering (music, ‘musicians, a/v, sound, lighting, etc.)
• Schedule and direct weekly and special rehearsals.
• Recruit & train new members for the worship ministry.
• Be responsible for music purchases, such as printed materials, equipment and instruments.
• Develop the ministry by spending time listening to new music, reading up on theology, music/worship theology and
3. Coordinate the assimilation process.
• Oversee the First Impressions Team (parkers, ushers, greeters, communion, and coffee) including recruiting, scheduling, communication, and training.
• Provide entry points for guests and potential attendees to interact with the congregation.
• Embrace a come-as-you-are atmosphere.
• In conjunction with the Directional/Teaching Elder, facilitate the follow-up of guests to the church.
4. Coordinate the set-up and.tear down teams for the worship and first impressions areas.
5. Commit to participate in personally moving towards maturity in the G4’s: Gather, Grow, Give, Go.
6. Advise and care for people using a Biblical grid as appropriate.
7. Regularly attend and participate in staff meetings and/or trainings.
8. Be an effective and wise steward of the supplies and equipment provided by the office, and in the use of your budget
9. Develop Position Focus Sheet (including Goals, Results, Action Steps, Events, and Budget) for worship & assimilation ministry.
10. Pray for, uplift and minister to those who are involved in the ministry.
• Commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Commitment to Harvest Pointe’s philosophy of ministry and mission.
• Commitment to personally moving towards maturity in the G4's: Gather, Grow, Give, Go.
• Experience leading worship as the lead vocalist while playing guitar.
• Posses strong motivational and organizational skills.
• Meets the qualifications of deacon found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Education: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency; college degree preferred
Experience: Minimum 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TIME COMMITMENT and COMPENSATION:
Time Commitment: Full-Time, Hold regular office hours (T-F, 8a-4:30p) in combination with off campus hours totaling 50 hours/week.
Compensation: $33,000 per year plus benefits (Retirement-3%, Insurance-15%, Reimbursable Expenses-5%).
If you are interested in the position and would like to receive a recruiting packet, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be prayerfully considered and each person will be notified about the status of their application.Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity. Please pray that God would provide us with exactly the right person for the position as we seek to work together to accomplish His mission and vision for Harvest Pointe.