Job Title: Small Groups Director
Report to: Executive Director of Adult Ministries
Position Status: Full-time
Summary of Position: The Small Groups Director provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for the Cornerstone’s Small Groups ministry in Chandler and its surrounding communities. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
• Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
• Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
• Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
• Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
• 5 years full time ministry experience
• 2 years full time ministry experience in a church of 1,500+
• As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
• A successful track record of leading 100-plus small groups in a church setting as defined above.
• Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, and counseling
• Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
• Build a team of volunteers to recruit, train and mentor small group leaders as well as leaders of leaders who are passionate about developing others through the small group ministry.
• Develop a strategy and implement curriculum as well as deploy/choreograph church-wide small group study initiatives.
• Ability to oversee small group leaders spiritually as well as organizationally through the maintenance of accurate data on small group participation.
• Develop a process to help in and record in collecting, sharing and celebrating small group stories of life change with the larger church family.
• Provide pastoral care, counseling, and support to the small group leadership.
• Partner with other ministries in the church to develop and give guidance of how to launch small groups within other ministries.
• Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
*Interested parties should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorBerlin Christian Fellowship
- Berlin, Ohio
- May 18
Small Groups Pastor - Hill Country Bible ChurchVanderbloemen Search Group
- Austin, Texas
- May 16
Small Groups PastorBethlehem Church
- Bethlehem, Georgia
- May 8
Pastor, Adult Groups - Young Married AdultsPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- May 6
Pastor, Adult Groups - Starkville CampusPinelake Church
- Starkville, Mississippi
- May 6
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
We are a contemporary church committed to bringing good news to those living in Chandler and its surrounding communities. We believe God's inerrant word gives the true direction in life that people so desperately need. Everlasting life is found only in the person of Jesus Christ through believing that He died and rose again to take away mankind's sin. He is our Cornerstone.More...