This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music and Worship Arts
First Covenant Church
Boardman, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 04/18/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
First Covenant Church, of the Evangelical Covenant denomination, is seeking a part-time Director of Music and Worship Arts to provide prayerful and spirit-led leadership to our contemporary praise team and worship choir.
Key charactistics sought in our next Director of Music and Worship Arts
•A devote commitment to worshipping God and leading others in their worship.
•Patience and organizational skills.
•Ability to communicate clearly.
•Experience leading worship (Praise Teams and Choir).
•Plays guitar or piano and has a strong voice.
•Extensive knowledge of Contemporary Christian Music and Traditional Hymns.
•Knowledge of CCLI, Planning Center, & Easy Worship or ability to learn software apps.
To serve the body of First Covenant Church as a leader creating a climate of participatory and meaningful worship and to effectively and efficiently administer and maintain the worship program.
Duties (Averages 15 Hours Weekly):
• Leads and organizes both the adult and youth praise team ministries and the worship choir.
• Delivers the mission of the church through music ministry.
• Works with the pastoral staff to plan music that is aligned to the sermon series.
• Is a partner in the overall ministry of the church.
• Plans music for each Sunday and coordinates the church schedule with the other music groups.
• Plans and implements concerts and special music events as decided in collaboration with the Pastor and church council.
• Schedules teams weekly using Planningcenteronline.com.
• Reports music usage to CCLI during required reporting periods.
• Supervises the sound and projection ministries.
• Oversees the music ministry budget.
• Orders and maintains equipment.
• Schedules and participates in the setup and teardown of praise team gear.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.