This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christ Church of Oak Brook
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/17/2012
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Part-Time
Human Resources --Ministry Assistant
START DATE: 06/01/2012
To provide clerical and administrative support to Sherri Adams, Human Resource Director.
Part–Time (20 hours per week)
Reports to Sherri Adams, Human Resource Director.
• Provide the day to day clerical support while maintaining a professional approach and confidentiality to the position. Responsible for composing of correspondence, filing, mail merges, spreadsheet updates, copying and collating of materials for meetings, making calls for reference checks, organizing annual party and staff retreat, schedule room reservations, make hotel reservations for candidates, send out e-mail notices/invites, update the staff vacation calendar on a regular basis, and coordination of the semi-monthly staff break.
• Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve. (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading; small group, volunteering etc.).
Administration and Communication
• Prepare or review communications for human resources, CCOB communication and external communications as requested.
• Attend internal meetings as directed.
• Provide resources, documentation and communication for CCOB leadership as directed.
• Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Integrity for work habits and results.
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
• Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
• Able to keep a high degree of confidentiality.
• High degree of professionalism.
Skills and Talents
• Know word processing including spread sheet development, desktop publishing, and application (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word).
• Possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
• Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
• Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
• Works well with others and within a team.
• Creative and innovative.
• Takes initiative and is pro-active as well as responsive
• Experience in office (preferable service related industry) or other church environment.
• Previous human resource or office manager experience a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume' to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE...ALL RESUMES WILL BE REVIEWED...YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF YOU QUALIFY.