This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor/Leader
Carlsbad, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/16/2012
Categories: Church Planter - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Part-Time
Epic is a new body of believers bound together by one common vision and missions under one leadership team with a lead pastors whose role is to equip the church to live for God, love their city, and start the next step of faith now. We are located in North County San Diego. Currently we are holding monthly Sneak Peek Services and will launch weekly on September 16th.
You can find out more about this at EpicChurch.co
As a church, and individually, we expectantly live out Christ-centered, Spirit-led, ongoing stories of life change. We celebrate this vision of life change by inviting people on an epic journey with the greatest hero humanity will ever know, Jesus Christ.
Are you passionate about developing worship leaders? Want to make a difference in the lives of people by preparing them spiritually, creatively, and musically to create transformational moments in the lives of people? Do you have incredible vocal chops, and feel called to ministry?
THE POSITION OF WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR/LEADER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Leading, building, and reproducing all aspects of the worship band
• Being at weekly staff meetings and weekly prayer mornings
• Missionally engaging the community by finding a build relationships with the lost where they are on a regular basis
• Connecting with the local art community
• Bringing artistic creativity to the transmission of the Gospel
God’s person for this role will be an integral member of Epic’s Worship Ministry Team, with the specific responsibility of developing spiritually healthy and musically excellent worship leaders in the worship band. In addition, you will recruit, develop, and disciple the various musicians and singers to lead the congregation into worship.
You should have at least two years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience. The ability to read music and sing parts is a necessity. Instrumental excellence (guitar or keyboards) is a must. Additionally, you must have some knowledge of audio, video, and lighting.
This individual has the regular pattern of life and character of as prescribed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Epic Church is looking for someone whose character is of the stature that they can answer the following qualifications with an assured, "yes."
• Above Reproach (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:6,7)
• Temperate / Not self-willed / Has Self-control (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:7,8)
• Prudent / Sensible (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:8)
• Respectable (1 Tim 3:2)
• Hospitable (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:8)
• Able to Teach / Teachable (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:9)
• Does not get Drunk (1 Tim 3:3; Tit 1:7)
• Not Quarrelsome (1 Tim 3:3; Tit 1:7)
• Gentle (1 Tim 3:3)
• Peaceable (1 Tim 3:3)
• Not a Lover of Money (1 Tim 3:3; Tit 1:7)
• Not a New Convert (1 Tim 3:6)
• Missional with Non-Christians (1 Tim 3:7)
• Dignified (1 Tim 3:8)
• Not Double-Tongued (1 Tim 3:8)
• Has Faith in Jesus with a Clear Conscience (1 Tim 3:9; Tit 1:9)
• Has proven themself over time (1 Tim 3:10)
• Is Slow to Anger (Tit 1:7)
• Loves What is Good and Just (Tit 1:8)
• Responsible, Dependable, Committed (Tit 1:8)
• Able to Identify and Refute False Doctrine (Tit 1:9)
This job is for 20hrs a week, and will increase as the church explodes! GRAPHIC ARTS & VIDEOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE WOULD MAKE THIS POSITION FULL-TIME MUCH SOONER!!!
Do not apply through this website. Send cover letter and resume to info@EpicChurch.co for consideration.
Additionally, for consideration, submit a DVD or links to video samples of both your voice talents and you in a worship leadership capacity (no audio-only files, please) must be submitted to email@example.com, or mail to:
7668 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Applications without a video will not be considered!