This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children and Outreach Pastor
First Baptist Church of Lodi
Lodi, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Recreational/Sports Ministry
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Children’s Ministry and Outreach
First Baptist Church of Lodi is seeking to add a full time Pastor of Children’s Ministry and Outreach to oversee the discipleship of elementary age children and the expansion of community outreach programs that will reach the various spiritual and social needs of the children and families of our community. First Baptist currently has a vibrant children’s ministry (250+ children) with a desire to see continued growth and expansion along with the overall church. We also are looking for increased vision and leadership in our current children’s focused community outreach programs (Upward sports, Park outreach, VBS) as well as expansion in mobilizing our church to share the love of Christ in real ways with the children/families of our community. (for example: expanded after school ministry, apartment outreach, adopt a school, summer and fall/spring break camps, art, music and drama, etc.)
This Pastor will work in cooperation with the leadership and overall mission of the church to Make Mature and Mobilize disciples that love the Lord above all else and touch others with His love. The pastor will also work in close collaboration with FBC director of Pre-School and Young Families, Pastor of 5/6 and Middle School Ministry, and continue to recruit, train and lead a large volunteer staff.
• Demonstrate a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a call to children’s ministry. A passion to minister to children and families both inside and outside of the church.
• Community minded. Eager to mobilize the church to reach out and minister to the diverse needs of our community.
• Leadership gifts and abilities.
• Ability to recruit, lead and inspire a large number of volunteers.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Ability to teach Biblical and spiritual truths in creative and meaningful manner.
• Self starter with strong personal initiative. Ability to balance a variety of tasks and relationships.
• Ability to design and execute diverse and creative children’s programs in a larger church setting.
• Training and experience in children’s ministry required (prefer larger church ministry 1000+). Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Oversee discipleship ministries for K-4th Grade. Current ministries include: Sunday School, Children’s church, Mid Week Children’s groups – Pioneer Club’s. Continue to evaluate and improve these and other discipleship ministries as necessary. Recruit, train and lead volunteer staff for these ministries.
• Oversee current child focused community outreach programs. Current outreach ministries include. Upward Basketball and Cheer (570 participants, 150+ adult volunteers, strong volunteer leadership team), Summer Park Outreach, Summer Sports/Music camps, VBS, etc.
• Oversee regular community outreach special events and programs.
• Work with Sr. Associate Pastor and other children and youth ministry leadership to develop more comprehensive strategy for making, maturing and mobilizing disciples – birth – college.