This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School / College Pastor
First Baptist Church of Lodi
Lodi, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/16/2012
Categories: College Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church of Lodi is a growing church of approximately 1000+ people with a high value on the importance of student ministry. Our mission is to MAKE, MATURE and MOBILIZE disciples of Jesus who LOVE THE LORD above all else and TOUCH OTHERS with the reality of Jesus Christ. We are searching for a High School/College pastor to embrace that mission and calling with the students of our church and community. We are looking for the right pastor to provide dynamic vision, energetic leadership, Biblical teaching, new creativity and a loving shepherd for the high school/college ministries.
First Baptist Church is an active, loving, outward focused church that is looking for high school pastor to help guide a vibrant and contagious ministry reaching a large variety of students while maximizing the gifts and resources of a committed team of volunteer staff.
• Meet the qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Exhibit a personal, active and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• Called to youth ministry and passionate about making maturing and mobilizing teenage disciples.
• Engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background
• Self-motivated, responsible, visionary, and inspiring.
• Able to balance administrative tasks of organizing a creative ministry while maintaining a shepherd’s heart for students, staff and families.
• Ability to connect with students/families from diverse backgrounds, personalities and interests with compassion and empathy.
• Team player. Work well with FBC ministry staff, elders, etc. as well as with volunteer youth staff to create positive and growing atmosphere. (Current FBC student ministries staff includes full time Jr. High Pastor)
• Spiritual Gifts: Teaching, Shepherd
• Oversee a engaging ministry to high school students that emphasizes a balance of making, maturing and mobilizing students. Emphasis on both evangelism, discipleship and service.
• Create loving environment for high school students to find Christ filled love, community and acceptance.
• Care for the growth, feeding, and spiritual well-being of the high school students.
• Oversee all high school student ministries in order to foster deep spiritual growth, vibrancy, and outreach.
• Oversee and develop a ministry to post high school young adults in some kind of meaningful college and career ministry.
• Continually evaluate activities, always working to infuse creativity, relevance, and energy.
• Recruit, train, and develop an effective volunteer staff. Develop volunteer youth leaders who can use their various gifts and abilities within their time constraints to help reach and mature the youth group.
• Plan and coordinate weekly programs (including teaching) and regular special events to assist in accomplishing our stated ministry vision and goals. Organize and oversee big events such as camps, Mexico missions, Camp Barnabas, etc.
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Develop a partnership with a parent’s council/support team to assist with needs and direction of overall ministry.
• Participate in the regular functions and broader services of the church as needed. Help to connect teenagers to broader life and ministries of the church (ex. Choir, Ushers, Upward staff, Men’s ministry, etc.)
• Oversee the high school student ministry budget.
• Involved in community events especially local high school clubs, sports and other student activties as possible.
• Maintain pastoral relationship to all High School/College students connected with the broader ministry of FBC (whether they attend regular high school events or not).
• Oversee church vehicles: Maintenance, CHP requirements, driver qualifications, etc.
• Agree with the church's mission, core values, and doctrinal statement
• Possess the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and execute tasks in a timely manner. Capacity to lead large and active ministries.
• Utilize excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to maximize technology to communicate with students and parents.
• Minimum experience requirement – 3-5 or more years in full-time youth ministry (or equivalent); proven capabilities in all pertinent capacities of youth ministry (leadership, budget, etc.).
• Minimum Education. Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Student Ministry and graduate studies preferred.
To apply send resume and teaching video to Highschool@fbclodi.org